Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are they kidding. We all know how all government gets things done. They use clandestine mercenaries to run wars. The military is just for "show" nowadays with actual people dying.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Halliburton and Blackwater are probably laughing right now. If you want to get anything done you need to hire "professional psychopaths". When governments decide to privatize their military, the people they hire are only it for the money, and the money only, Who are they kidding.

·
Troublesome.
1,333 Posts
Halliburton and Blackwater are probably laughing right now. If you want to get anything done you need to hire "professional psychopaths". When governments decide to privatize their military, the people they hire are only it for the money, and the money only, Who are they kidding.
This sounds like dead on solid personal knowledge. I'm betting it is not.

I know absolutely positively for first hand personal fact you are . . . . using far too broad a brush.

So . . . while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and unless and until forum management limits it; free to express your opinion here in writing, please know that there are some of us out here being blatantly insulted and grossly disrespected by it because of its inaccuracy.

·
PaPaKAPture
248 Posts
Obama is the displaying shallow threats. You dont see him threaten welfare or Medicare/medicaid, you don't see him threaten health care for illegals, you haven't seen him cut off the UN.

He has the audacity to threaten grandma/grandpa and the military.

We have the money. this is just his strategy for the debt limit to be raised so he can spend more.

·
Banned
2,281 Posts
some of those so called "professional psychopaths" defended quite a few homes of regular citizens during Katrina, which turned out to be local police doing raids on the homes with the intent of robbery. a lot of the PMC's are in it for the money because most of them are x-military and still want to help out and contribute to defending the United States instead of staying in or re-enlisting and getting paid military pay grade for the risks they might have to take. Most of the time in Iraq and Afghanistan they are providing support for the military, such as various details that the military doesn't have the time or man power for. For example during the beginning of the Iraq war a very, very small convoy of PMC's were transporting kitchen supplies and got ambushed by the locals, some were killed instantly and some were'nt. their vehicles were set on fire with them still in them and then pulled out and paraded around and then strung up on a bridge.

·
DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN
207 Posts
The military will get paid one way or another. This isn't the first time this has been used to scare people this year...or in the last twenty. Thanks for adding to the paranoia

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The few that i know don't fit that description at all.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
"Who are they kidding. We all know how all government gets things done. They use clandestine mercenaries to run wars. The military is just for "show" nowadays with actual people dying. ...Halliburton and Blackwater are probably laughing right now. If you want to get anything done you need to hire "professional psychopaths". When governments decide to privatize their military, the people they hire are only it for the money, and the money only, Who are they kidding."
It is difficult from your posts to ascertain whether you are misinformed, whether you're delusional, whether you're trolling for effect, or whether you're simply a moron.

From the tone of your posts, you clearly haven't been working recently at USAF bases in either Kandahar or Bastion, if indeed you've ever worn a uniform at all. If you'd been in either location you would have seen dedicated professionals - from numerous countries - working together to respond to extremely complex and difficult situations.

I suspect you've never served in any of the US armed services, and your observations above represent your own twisted opinion formed from no personal experience in a combat zone at all.

My youngest did tours with 2nd Bn, 7th SF out of Bragg, and won a bronze star in Helmand Province. It was not a routine award, and during the 8.5 hour firefight that day he and his team mates were not psychopaths and they were not only "in it for the money".

My eldest son just began serving a 12 month tour in Paktika Province, and we hope he returns safely. He is neither a psychopath nor a mercenary, and he isn't only "in it for the money" either. Nor are the other soldiers in his unit.

Here is video of a firefight that occurred in Paktika Province. I'm sure you've never been in one, but why don't you take a look at it and afterwards I'd like you to identify which of those young men are the "professional psychopaths" or "clandestine mercenaries" you referred to in the ignorant spewage you posted above:

The vast majority of the young men and women serving in the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan observe their own code of ethics, and they fight honorably for their own reasons. Part of what they defend is the ability of inadequate douche bags such as yourself to post ridiculous opinions on public forums that demonstrate conclusively that you don't have any first-hand knowledge of what you're talking about.

·
Bravo Zulu
13,133 Posts
My eldest son just began serving a 12 month tour in Paktika Province, and we hope he returns safely. He is neither a psychopath nor a mercenary, and he isn't only "in it for the money" either. Nor are the other soldiers in his unit.
From the sound of your post, it doesn't seem like your sons are working in private military corporations, but rather the US military.

Now, the last time I checked, the US military hasn't been privatized.

In other words, I think you're barking up the wrong tree and seeing insult where there's none.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Now, the last time I checked, the US military hasn't been privatized.
Well I guess that depends on how you look at it... I mean the government can call them in anywhere they want, regardless of what we the people or the rest of the world thinks.

Privatized by government for big business in a sense.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
I don't think so.

"They use clandestine mercenaries to run wars. The military is just for "show" nowadays with actual people dying."
The US military professionals running wars are not "clandestine mercenaries."

The US military is not 'just for "show" nowadays'...

Most soldiers who hear rounds pass by their heads or who perform battle damage assessments recognize this. The only individuals who would make a statement such as that are those who haven't been in firefights and afterwards performed battle damage assessments.

The soldiers who were killed from the units my sons were attached to were US military personnel - "actual people" - dying. They could just as easily have been my kids - or yours, if you have any kids over there.

The above quoted sentences seem as unambiguous as they are inaccurate.

·
Custom User Title
2,969 Posts
It is difficult from your posts to ascertain whether you are misinformed, whether you're delusional, whether you're trolling for effect, or whether you're simply a moron.

From the tone of your posts, you clearly haven't been working recently at USAF bases in either Kandahar or Bastion, if indeed you've ever worn a uniform at all. If you'd been in either location you would have seen dedicated professionals - from numerous countries - working together to respond to extremely complex and difficult situations.

I suspect you've never served in any of the US armed services, and your observations above represent your own twisted opinion formed from no personal experience in a combat zone at all.

My youngest did tours with 2nd Bn, 7th SF out of Bragg, and won a bronze star in Helmand Province. It was not a routine award, and during the 8.5 hour firefight that day he and his team mates were not psychopaths and they were not only "in it for the money".

Here is video of a firefight that occurred in Paktika Province. I'm sure you've never been in one, but why don't you take a look at it and afterwards I'd like you to identify which of those young men are the "professional psychopaths" or "clandestine mercenaries" you referred to in the ignorant spewage you posted above:
‪Firefight in Paktika Province, Afghanistan (2011)‬‏ - YouTube

The vast majority of the young men and women serving in the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan observe their own code of ethics, and they fight honorably for their own reasons. Part of what they defend is the ability of inadequate douche bags such as yourself to post ridiculous opinions on public forums that demonstrate conclusively that you don't have any first-hand knowledge of what you're talking about.
He is talking about private, for hire military companies like blackwater. You should read the thread before you post.

Part of what they defend is the ability of inadequate douche bags such as yourself to post ridiculous opinions on public forums that demonstrate conclusively that you don't have any first-hand knowledge of what you're talking about.
I don't see how fighting for the political stability of Afghanistan or bombing targets in Libya is defending the right to free speech. That statement is overused and mostly wrong in the context of recent conflicts.

·
Banned
807 Posts
i have 1 friend i know that has done private work he does not tell me for which group but he said he does it because he does not know how to do anything but kill i have known him for a long time he is not craz and is very smart but he oes do it for the money and the country. also he was in N.O.L.A and he did confirm them stoping looters and protecting people

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
"No, but mercenaries, both clandestine and otherwise, are being used by the US to fight wars."
True statement. They fight wars. They don't run them however - US military personnel incorporate their activities into much broader operational environments. And it is inaccurate to portray contractors as "professional psychopaths".

Libertarianism 4 All said:
"They use clandestine mercenaries to run wars. The military is just for "show" nowadays with actual people dying. ...If you want to get anything done you need to hire "professional psychopaths."
I'm unclear on how the above sentences can be read as anything but insulting to US military personnel who are going out on combat patrols on a routine basis. Clearly they are not patrolling "just for 'show'"; the casualties they suffer are American young people - "actual people"; they are accomplishing their missions to the best of their abilities - e.g. "getting things done"; and the fate of Blackwater illustrates the liabilities inherent in operating in combat environments - no one is hiring psychopaths.

As noted, the sentences posted are either the result of being misinformed, are a troll, or are deliberately insulting to a large number of professional men and women working hard under extremely challenging circumstances. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but if you're going to sling smack you should choose your words carefully.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts