Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from work today, feeling sick. I slept so hard that a nuke would not have awakened me and now, I find myself in a state of mind of deep thought and contemplation, as I indicated in another thread.

Intuitively, I am feeling that we are in for some hard and occasionally violent times, IMHO. Financial difficulties usually bring out the worst in me at least and probably others, here.

It got me to thinking about how that things might be, during these times. These could become rather dangerous times for many if not all of us.

I think it safe to say that generally speaking, as a group, we are a fairly tough group of people. Some of us here have had to pass through life experiences which would likely have broken most.

I know that I have.

Strong and sure people tend to be conspicuous and somewhat 'high-profile'.

We stand out and that could attract or exacerbate threats against us.

It had me wondering if the 'ultimate urban camouflage' might prove to be merely acting like the sheeple, looking scared and distressed.

For some of us this would take some effort, as we are not accustomed to living and acting like sheeple, but it might prove to be an effective survival tactic for both ourselves and ours.

We know deep down that if things 'fell apart' and became dangerous that if needed, 'the fangs would come out' and we would fight and accordingly, we would not be led to question our own resolve and courage.

It might be worth considering. I think that we are in for some difficult times.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i think you're on to something Falcon. Here, I took the time to come up with a model to demonstrate your camoflage to everyone...

Reactions: test

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I think that’s a very good idea. Look at how they survive in the Middle East; they've been doing it right for some time now. I'd be willing to bet over 3/4 of the "civilians" that our troops pass are supporters of the Taliban or Elquida.

the hardest part would be to hide your stuff and look week.

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
I am no expert but I think you should read the bullying pages on nononsenseselfdefense dot com. attitude had a lot do do with who gets targeted for just about anything. pretty much everything the author says rings true to me. maybe I am just ignorant but I have to go with what I have.

·
Banned
653 Posts
It had me wondering if the 'ultimate urban camouflage' might prove to be merely acting like the sheeple, looking scared and distressed.
Exactly. Just be sure to have teeth when needed.....

Just ordered me a Saiga 12, 2 20rd drum mags and 6 ten round mags....That's serious urban teeth.

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
Do what I do when pulled over by a police officer. Play dumb and act like you don't know any better and you will be treated with pity.

-Cade

·
Registered
784 Posts
the ultimate urban camaflage IMHO is a bum, who really sees them, or remembers what they look like. and to take this one step further make the outside of ur BOV look like a piece of junk, that nobody wants to park next to in a parking lot. but like u have the engine, tranny, transfer case, front end rear end be in tip top shape

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I was camping in the mountians recently while the shepards were moving their sheep to lower ground. The gaurd dogs are huge white shaggy dogs that at a distance blend in with the sheep. The shepards camped with their flock up the road from where I was. I awoke that night to the frantic yipping of a pack of coyotes and a deep menacing howl that apparently was the cause of their comotion. I had to smile at the thought of a pack of coyotes comming upon what appeared to be a stray sheep at the edge of flock only to discover it was actually the gaurd dog...
I have a hunch that in the urban setting those who are the gaurd dogs are cammoflaged the same fashion. At a distance they are indistinguishable from the flock.
Peter

·
Just use a 2x4
822 Posts
I was camping in the mountians recently while the shepards were moving their sheep to lower ground. The gaurd dogs are huge white shaggy dogs that at a distance blend in with the sheep. The shepards camped with their flock up the road from where I was. I awoke that night to the frantic yipping of a pack of coyotes and a deep menacing howl that apparently was the cause of their comotion. I had to smile at the thought of a pack of coyotes comming upon what appeared to be a stray sheep at the edge of flock only to discover it was actually the gaurd dog...
I have a hunch that in the urban setting those who are the gaurd dogs are cammoflaged the same fashion. At a distance they are indistinguishable from the flock.
Peter
Great Pyranese.

If you look at the ground and don't make eye contact, the sheep will often assume you are one of them.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Great Pyranese?
They were huge...one wandered into camp and sat for a moment looking at the wifes lap dog...it was like he was trying to figure out if it was a dog...
Peter

1 - 20 of 31 Posts