Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imagine the glare the enemy could see off whatever that godawful square thing is? I did not watch to find out. First turn off was ragging in some other Youtuber right out of the gate. Plus, that rifle would last a day in the field before the carrier started pulling stuff off it and tossing it.
Plus this is a 5.56 if I an looking right. Nothing ULTIMATE about that. I have them since they are so popular and parts are everywhere, but the ballistics in my eyes are terrible for man to man warfare. The military can use it because they can always roll back to base after mission and load back up another 1000 rounds. If you are in SHTF, ammo is too precious to have to use 10 rounds to down a guy. Plus I want a chance to reach out an touch the guy before he can hit me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Something that has a low mass, high capacity, long range, few moving parts, no requirement for cleaning, very accurate, great stopping power, lightweight power pack.....sorry, just thinking ahead of time.

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
Seems to me that if you NEED all that stuff your not much of a marksman.
Well I guess in some cases having a screen to look at is fitting with young people now days. Iron sigts are so retro.
What is you back up if you have an accident and all that stuff is junk?

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MEANWHILE... the "insurgent" with a 100+ year old Nagant bolt gun in 54R using iron sights takes him out at 900yds.

The wonder weapon guy saw him in all his whizzbang magic gear... he just couldn't hit him or even reach him.:D:

Reactions: SoJ_51

·
Over and Out
3,007 Posts
..realize its a parody..
Yep.. One of my favs from the past..

:thumb:

..Would Love to see 'security cam footage' of all the Libby 'sudden gun converts' that have been snaking lines around the block at the LGS in recent months, being 'required' to watch this "PSA", and watching reactions.. :D: My bet is at least Some of it would be Priceless..

jd

·
Banned
39 Posts
you're quite ignorant. A 223 sp will blow pieces of you out onto the ground. Anyone with a brain will stay hidden during daylight and use a silencer. So you'll be firing very few shots Nobody is going to survive needing to fire 200 rds of centerfire rifle ammo the first year of shtf, or 50 rds per year thereafter. you're doing too much wrong if most of your 'fighting" is not brainings insid 50m in the dark, with silenced, subsonic 22's. and you wont need to do that 50x in the first year, or 5x per year afterward, A year of shtf, is going to mean 99% of the population will be dead and the fish and game will all have been eaten, along with all of the dogs and cats.

·
Banned
39 Posts
MEANWHILE... the "insurgent" with a 100+ year old Nagant bolt gun in 54R using iron sights takes him out at 900yds.

The wonder weapon guy saw him in all his whizzbang magic gear... he just couldn't hit him or even reach him.:D:

no, he wont, not even with a scope and match ammo, Those old clunks wont group better than 2 " at 100 yds from field positions, and 2" at 100m is NOT 10" at 500m, Due to canting of the rifle, wind, mirage, rain, cold, smoke, snow, target movement, crappy trigger pull and mollasses-like lock time, the Mosin, scoped and with match ammo, wont reliably hit a 15" disk at 500 yds, in typical field condtions, from a field position.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts