Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm sorry, did I miss the solution? What we need is a strong middle class? What we need are jobs! Moveon-dot-whatever is obviously a liberal group who feel that taxing the rich is the answer to all life's problems. How do increased taxes solve anything? Does increasing taxes create jobs? Does increasing taxes help strengthen the middle class? The only thing that will help us out of this mess is for the government to BACK-THE-F-UP! Get out of peoples lives and get out of our business! Common sense. Of course, common sense ain't exactly common, now is it!

·
Premium Member
12,714 Posts
I'm sorry, did I miss the solution? What we need is a strong middle class? What we need are jobs! Moveon-dot-whatever is obviously a liberal group who feel that taxing the rich is the answer to all life's problems. How do increased taxes solve anything? Does increasing taxes create jobs? Does increasing taxes help strengthen the middle class? The only thing that will help us out of this mess is for the government to BACK-THE-F-UP! Get out of peoples lives and get out of our business! Common sense. Of course, common sense ain't exactly common, now is it!
yep......what he said.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
We do need a strong middle class, i.e. "strong middle employed middle class which buys US-made stuff". That's what "strong middle class means". It's the higher paying jobs, where people have more disposable income to buy stuff. Buying stuff made in the US powers the US economy.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,977 Posts
not sure if this belongs here but if not move it to where it does belong

YouTube - ‪The Truth About the Economy‬‏
Robert "Third" Reich wouldn't know the truth if it walked up to him at the International Truth Symposium wearing a name tag that read "HI, MY NAME IS THE TRUTH" in 72-point font and introduced itself by name with a 500-dB bullhorn. To say that the man is a left wing political hack is like saying that Oedipus was a mama's boy.

The real problem with the economy is that we, as a nation, have been counterfeiting our own currency for the last 98 years under the guise of "monetizing debt" through the Federal Reserve, all the while allowing the government to take well more than 50% of what we produce, stifling prosperity and forcing a debt-cycle consumer economy.

We pay with inflation, while giving away the means of production to the Third World at bargain basement prices. The reason why the middle class is almost extinct is because the Tax-and-Spend-o-crats have declared open season on people who don't fit neatly into the box they have drawn for them. And the Republicans are just Democrat-Lite.

We have reached a tipping point in the last 12 months: a coupling of debt exceeding GDP (officially screwed into debt), and the "takers" have edged out the "makers" (electoral reversal of our folly made highly unlikely). :(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,977 Posts
BTW, we are still on the downward side of the Laffer Curve. This means that raising the tax rates will only REDUCE tax revenues. America will never succeed by taking more money away from its own people. She will succeed by allowing her people to achieve the kind of excellence that we exhibited from the fall of the Second Bank of the United States to the unfortunate rise of the Federal Reserve and the Income Tax. During that time, America achieved the most rapid economic growth of any nation at any time in the history of the world.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
I disagree, eat the rich. They've done nothing for me, except profited from me.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I disagree, eat the rich. They've done nothing for me, except profited from me.
You would have been a great "Red" of the Soviet Union's revolutionary militia during the Russian Civil War of 1918-1922. Class warfare at its best!:thumb:

In my readings I note that in history the common class NEVER fairs well in these class warfare events. A dictator/Fascist always comes to power (under the nice Commie Workers and Peasants titles) and the middle class dies and or is killed.

Result: A 95% lower class and a 5% Elite forms.

·
Premium Member
12,714 Posts
You would have been a great "Red" of the Soviet Union's revolutionary militia during the Russian Civil War of 1918-1922. Class warfare at its best!:thumb:

In my readings I note that in history the common class NEVER fairs well in these class warfare events. A dictator/Fascist always comes to power (under the nice Commie Workers and Peasants titles) and the middle class dies and or is killed.

Result: A 95% lower class and a 5% Elite forms.
not to mention that the most who whine about the rich taking advantage are lazy shiftless individuals with no more ambition than to work seasonal and then collect unemployment/food stamps the rest of the year.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You have to be very young and not very perceptive to take that whole video seriously.

Let's see, living here and actually experiencing America over the last 40 years, I've seen actual, real compensation (what I can make and keep directly from my labor and what I can purchase for that compensation) go down. This despite that I'm told with technology, because of its increase in efficiency and production, I should actually have more, . I'm told I'm making more and that my house is worth more, but I'm working longer hours, my house is in greater disrepair, and I can buy less with what I make. Additionally, more is taken from me when adding all government taxes together (and there is a huge list), I have fewer freedoms because of these taxes and regulations, I have less free time, public lands are more crowded and require me to pay additional fees to go onto them each time, the roads I use are not as good as before despite that I'm told we spend more and that they are better, my children get passed through school regardless of their achievement and do self evaluations now instead of sitting down for a real critique at a parent teacher conference, I can't find a single garden hose or wiper blade made in America for purchase at the local hardware stores, and it is socially acceptable to stay on welfare as long as you can, and to get whatever you can from the government.

Wow, pile another helping of that centralized government stuff on my plate. Mmmmm! That is so good! I've just got to keep telling my self that that is good, that is good, that is good...

Why not throw rich people in jail if they are breaking laws? But who would have that job of throwing them in jail? Hmmm? Do I know any rich people who are breaking the laws and stealing from me?

Well...I guess that I do know some very rich people who steal from me weekly, keep taking my freedoms, sell favors for money, and never go to jail. But those rich people are the same government types that claim to have the answers. Wow, I guess I just don't understand how the truth is supposed to work in extreme liberalotopia.

·
Registered
939 Posts
that video was awesome... I love listening to liberal elitists tell us how it's the conservative elitists that are hoarding the money and power. did John Kerry ever pay the taxes on that yacht???

anybody who believed a word of that video is retarded and needs to take intro to micro and macro Econ. :thumb:

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
Robert "Third" Reich wouldn't know the truth if it walked up to him at the International Truth Symposium wearing a name tag that read "HI, MY NAME IS THE TRUTH" in 72-point font and introduced itself by name with a 500-dB bullhorn. To say that the man is a left wing political hack is like saying that Oedipus was a mama's boy.

The real problem with the economy is that we, as a nation, have been counterfeiting our own currency for the last 98 years under the guise of "monetizing debt" through the Federal Reserve, all the while allowing the government to take well more than 50% of what we produce, stifling prosperity and forcing a debt-cycle consumer economy.

We pay with inflation, while giving away the means of production to the Third World at bargain basement prices. The reason why the middle class is almost extinct is because the Tax-and-Spend-o-crats have declared open season on people who don't fit neatly into the box they have drawn for them. And the Republicans are just Democrat-Lite.

We have reached a tipping point in the last 12 months: a coupling of debt exceeding GDP (officially screwed into debt), and the "takers" have edged out the "makers" (electoral reversal of our folly made highly unlikely). :(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Wow. You sure did nail this one. LOL

I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose of starting a thread for that video was ????????

Robert Reich couldn't find his own rear end, using both hands and the Hubble telescope. Just another empty suit and tie filled with hot air.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Political crap. There was not one thing in there that addressed real economics.
I agree that is was crap, and political. It was fear-based to motivate people to accept more government intervention in the markets.

But it seems to follow traditional Keynesian economic thinking. In other words, market intervention is good, and if we see an income discrepancy we should address it through intervention, such as taxes. One of his last comments was that the middle class has less credit and thus less purchasing power, which goes with the Keynesian attitude that money should come from debt and that the best way to provide capital for a growing economy is through a central bank/ fractional-reserve system that creates loans.

What we need is less intervention. To restore the middle class we need to eliminate the FED and restore the free market. As government intervention has increased, so has the income disparity. When the government has increased power and redistributes wealth, it is those institutions closest to the government that benefit the most, not the middle class.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Basically, Americans are so financially screwed because most Americans are little more than peasants. Every time the moneyed interests in this country rape the middle and lower classes, the two classes have a tendency to split down the middle and war with each other instead of addressing the people who really caused their financial downfall.

In America, real Rich People must never be the target! Typically, the American Peasant goes into fits of bowing and groveling every time the rich man passes. Then he goes back to work for less pay and benefits than before and, if needed, even fights the rich man's wars.

For all of this, the American Peasent is told he is "Something Special" because he lives in a "Special Country" where he gets "Special Rights". The American Peasent responds well to this type of oral fellatio and often responds with fits of flag-waving and shouting "USA USA USA"!

See, it's not so hard for the Rich in this country to screw over the American Peasant time and time again - and to even go make him die in stupid wars. All that needs to be done is to make the Peasant feel special and he'll willingly swallow whatever the Rich demand. It's really sad.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
For all of this, the American Peasent is told he is "Something Special" because he lives in a "Special Country" where he gets "Special Rights". The American Peasent responds well to this type of oral fellatio and often responds with fits of flag-waving and shouting "USA USA USA"!
Having lived many years in the third world (majory of the Earth) makes the American Peasent look rich and lazy. You can wine, but our poor are fat from over eating and rarely over working. That is new in history.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts