Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again it seems that you can not get the real news from the USA. Instead you have to go to Europe. Our British cousins do keep a good eye on our political system, better then our on news reporters.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7682978.stm
After the economy, healthcare is the biggest domestic issue influencing voters in the US presidential election.

Both candidates have ambitious plans to reform the health system to expand the group covered by health insurance, and to control costs.

But the scale of the financial bail-out and the growing size of the US budget deficit could limit any attempt at reform, whichever candidate is elected.

"Do we have the money to be our brothers' and sisters' keeper? The answer is No," says health economist Uwe Reinhardt of Princeton University.

"We have to worry about Goldman Sachs. That's where we are." The US healthcare system is the most expensive in the world.
I really like this part:

"We have to worry about Goldman Sachs. That's where we are."
Our government protects the rich, and our news media sits on their hands. And whats worse - the voters forget these facts when they go to the polls.

Tell me something, both Obama and McCain voted for the wall street bail out. Will you forget this when you vote?

If you want real change in this nation, the two political parties have to be removed - this can only be done with your vote.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Once again it seems that you can not get the real news from the USA. Instead you have to go to Europe. Our British cousins do keep a good eye on our political system, better then our on news reporters.
And they unanimously support Obama.
Lest we forget this gem also.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The Republicans and Democrats have both been bought and paid for and it really doesn't matter which of those two you vote for as they are basically the same. If you want real change you have to vote for the third party candidates. While the candidate you vote for may not win this time, we need to build momentum for them and the repubs and dems will notice if the third parties start to gain support. It is the only way to right the ship.

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Our so called "health care" is really the "scam'em, milk'it and drug'em care" plan.
So called high and mighty doctors will milk your insurance plan for all it's worth...multiple
follow ups, if you mention one little word, they'll play off that to do another test or two, besides running all the expensive tests they can in the first place. You say you had a pain in the chest? (could have been due to a chest cold, or a spontaneous pneumothorax or any little thing) Here come the chest xrays, the EKG's, the ultra sounds and more. Tests, tests, tests. Lab work, draw not one little vial for a test of your liver enzymes, but draw THREE, charge for all Three! Milk it, scam the poor patient. Scam his/her insur. plan. Give referrals. Charge for referrals. I had one old Scotch drinking high and mighty doctor say he was 95% sure he knew what my problem was (actually it wasn't a problem he later said, it's normal for men my age) but he wanted to make 'sure'. He ran about $1500 worth of tests.
And that's not to mention how they are giving out drugs like a housewife ready to dump the last of her Halloween candy to one kid, so she can shut the door, turn off the lights and be done with it. Drug Care.
Kev's right. Expensive. Drug'em, keep them coming back.
The drugs in the long run do more harm than good. That's what they're taught.
Drugs. Legalized drug pushers. And the pharmicists living in their million dollar McMansions are getting rich dealing in drugs. Legal drugs nonetheless. They all think DRUGS are the panacea. They don't know or learn about natural remedies. Read Kevin Trudeau's book, Cures they don't want you to know About.
I'm not trashing nurses, they're the real heroes. I bet there are some nurses that could really tell some interesting stories.
I walked into an eye doc's office. Had to fill out 20 minutes worth of papers. Had to show ID. This was 3 weeks before I could get an appt. with the fine gentleman. I had to wait an extra 30 minutes past my appt. time. Nothing was said. After all the tests, I paid $300 out of pocket on TOP of my insur. plan which I'm sure he got well paid from. Then it took another 3 weeks to get my glasses. So year and half ago, I was in Thailand. Walked right into an eye Doctor's office. Sure come on in. HAve a seat, examination, and had my eye glasses all within an HOUR. An HOUR! Cost was $100. He thanked me.
Beware your doctors. Go to CureZone dot com instead.
I expect my rant above only covers the tip of the iceberg concerning our Drug Care System.
Ok, rant over.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I walked into an eye doc's office. Had to fill out 20 minutes worth of papers. Had to show ID. This was 3 weeks before I could get an appt. with the fine gentleman. I had to wait an extra 30 minutes past my appt. time. Nothing was said. After all the tests, I paid $300 out of pocket on TOP of my insur. plan which I'm sure he got well paid from. Then it took another 3 weeks to get my glasses. So year and half ago, I was in Thailand. Walked right into an eye Doctor's office. Sure come on in. HAve a seat, examination, and had my eye glasses all within an HOUR. An HOUR! Cost was $100. He thanked me.

Go to www.zennioptical.com.

Youll need a copy of your Rx so they can use it to make your glasses but you dont have to go get a new Rx every other year, you can use the same Rx forever if you want. Glasses cost 20 dollars, up to maybe 60 depending on what you want.

I got three pair, including the pair I have on now for 70 dollars.

Good service, great price, no BS.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
And they unanimously support Obama.
Lest we forget this gem also.
The British do NOT unanimously support Obama and the Mirror is well known as a low end Tabloid. Would you characterise all of America by the headlines of the National Enquirer?

Here's an opinion piece from the serious and most widely read newspaper in Britain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/11/03/do0301.xml

'in one of those bizarre jokes that history sometimes plays, the United States is apparently about to choose as president the most inexperienced, untried and virtually unknowable (because there is so little to know) candidate who has ever run for that office at a time of unquantifiable international risk and unprecedented economic instability: a candidate who, as Bill Clinton revealed in a wonderfully back-handed "tribute", responded to the banking collapse by ringing every expert he could find (including Bill) to ask them what he should be saying.'

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
If you want real change in this nation, the two political parties have to be removed - this can only be done with your vote.[/QUOTE]

Or by using the same methods our Founders did against the British:thumb:

·
Registered
325 Posts
When the First Amendment fails, as it did when Congress gave 700 Billion to Wall Street despite our objections, the Second Amendment becomes a more interesting option. The Founding Fathers Gave us the tools we need. TT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts