Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Independent Thinker
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much sick of hearing about China and it overcoming the U.S. ANY time soon. The truth is a large portion of it's people are poor. It's economy is very unstable and totally dependent on the U.S. they are losing more money everyday because the dollar is getting weaker. They may be making moves to find ways to get rid of the dollar but it is no where near enough for them to survive a collapse right now(or the near future) of the U.S economy.

The thought of a invasion of the U.S. is completely absurd! How are they going to get over here? They don't have the logistical ability to move its huge army over here. EMP? I read the article about a declassified report from 6 years ago. By now they have it and it works. Guess who has more? that's right us! If anybody has enough balls to emp the U.S. Then it will start a nuclear war. You think any country is ready for that against the country with bigger and better ones? Trust me your billions of tax dollars going to our military is not being wasted.

Below are some numbers. Sorry if my rant doesn't make sense. All this talk is just annoying. China may be a second or third to the U.S but it is a VERY distant second or third. I encourage you stay away from survivalist fear bringers and do some research about the REAL numbers and you will find there is nothing to fear but fear itself.:thumb:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...truth-about-chinas-economic-statistics/67250/

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2009/10/truth-about-chinas-economy.html

This one is from 2007, but I'm pretty sure the numbers havnt improved much.

http://www.upiasia.com/Economics/2007/12/27/the_truth_about_chinas_economy/2926/

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
That's a good eye-opener Antwan. Thanks for the post. Many folks who are less "in the know" out here quietly gather what's on the airwaves and glean what makes sense from it. It can be difficult sometimes to distinguish truth from B.S. when those who make a living from selling news haven't any scruples or intelligence themselves.

·
Independent Thinker
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good eye-opener Antwan. Thanks for the post. Many folks who are less "in the know" out here quietly gather what's on the airwaves and glean what makes sense from it. It can be difficult sometimes to distinguish truth from B.S. when those who make a living from selling news haven't any scruples or intelligence themselves.
Thanks,I appreciate it.I just want people to look up the info for themselves.

Reactions: davis

·
17 Oaks Ranch Tx
3,890 Posts
I'm pretty much sick of hearing about China and it overcoming the U.S. ANY time soon.
Allow me to add to your thoughts:

We have a symbiotic relationship with China. While everyone sees them as a growing giant, you got to remember that China NEEDS us more than we need them. Sure Harbor Freight and Wal Mart would suffer a bit, but China would start sucking wind if we stopped buying from them. In fact China is truly our best friend, they will NOT lets us go down the tubes.

If you approach a bank and ask for a car loan and then miss a few payments they will repo your car. But if you borrow enough money to buy some building, land and out fit your factory and you miss a few payments then the bank will WORK with you to insure you stay afloat so they can get ALL there money back...I learned this in the consulting business.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Yeah, but lets not assume it takes another country to tople ours.

America is Crashing.

China might have a far weaker military, but stability is long term.

America is NOT STABLE. No it isn't. No. No it is not. It IS NOT.

1) Free Trade act with anyone willing to sell us what ever we can't produce for slave wages, inhuman conditions, etc. (our doing)

2) Fiat system, backing our money with fairy farts and Unicorn wishes.

3) Left Vrs Right Paradigm, enforced by Globalists who salute no flag other then their own.

4) 2 Party system, failed leadership. The smell of the burning embers which marked the fall of Rome. The populace still unable to both say "Obama and Bush are Criminally stupid".

5) China having built, operational factories, assembly lines, and industrial investments. (not all victories are military)

The break down of law and order, isn't hard to understand. China may never be as militarily superior to America, but when our economy collapses, it wont have to be. Our unpaid soldier, unfed because for some stupid reason America IMPORTS more food then it exports can't be expect to give a crap out a guided missile system. So while we completely possess the ability to better make tomatoes, we still choose to depend on Mexico. We do this because we lack infrastructure, laws to enforce internal growth, and major corporations to big to care about a nation over the bottom dollar. Mexico simply wont Sue Monsanto when the pesticides cause the workers cancer.

Antwan I voted this thread 5 stars. I find it interesting, important, and something I would really like to discuss.

I love America man, but as far as a ground invasion? Just look to our current leaders. It's already happened and not one bullet got fired.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can say I agree for the time being. Unfortunately I also believe it's only a matter of time before they run out of resources and try to take us on. To make matters worse the recent reports of only one woman for every five men is extremely disturbing.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
everyone likes to get paid including China. When we can't/stop paying is when things will get interesting

Also as much as some in this country hate the 2nd amendment, It would have to worry any invading country that not only would they have to fight our military but every single one of us, block by block house by house.
The purpose of the 2nd Amendment wasn't to arm you with an ar15. It was to ensure that you the law abiding American, was given the right to own any weapon of any size, so that your "threat" was equal or greater to the threat of Tyranny.

Another words "is this law worth your and everyone you know's death? If so pass it, but be warned the voters are armed with a vote and weapons of mass equilibrium."

If the second Amendment was really followed, I would personally own an f15 fighter jet, with Nuclear weaponry. AND the world would be a better place. Ruby Ridge wouldn't of happened, our society would be that more polite, and we wouldn't be headed more to a police state then a free nation.

Right now, if the Governemnt chose to end "freedom" then nothing you or I could do, would stop them. That ironically means, we right now, are not free.

·
Independent Thinker
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See this is what I'm talking about. Good video, scary video. But china also had a stimulus. That's why I want you to simply look at numbers. Not even their military might, but their economic numbers. You'll see yes our government is spending is dumb and we may be going downhill, but if we fall China will not be the one to prevail.

Reactions: zatoichi

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
China also has ENORMOUS ecological problems, not the least of which is the high sulfur coal they burn that's causing MAJOR air pollution problems (some of which drift across the Pacific and land on the US). They also have major social unrest with a LOT more riots than are reported in the news. On top of all that, the central government has a really rough time getting the regional governments to tow the line and follow the CP policies. It really would not take a whole lot more stress in China to make the country break up into warring fiefdoms like it has done in the past. Then, throw in the fact that MUCH of the success of their economy in recent years rests on their habit of building cities that cannot be populated because the people are too poor to afford the housing in those new cities. China will do well to survive as a nation, they are NOT going to be taking over anybody else soon.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Another interesting read

This model suggests that the maintenance of the Sino-American co-dependency has both served the growth and labor mobilization goals of China and allowed the US households to enjoy a high level of consumption. However, this has come at the cost of a persistently subdued level of domestic consumption in China and of an increasing dependence of the US on the Chinese willingness to finance its external deficits.
Our analysis shows that redressing global imbalances may imply some relevant costs. If exchange rate and fiscal policies are not properly tuned in both countries, the rebalancing process may lead to the emergence of transitional and, eventually, structural unemployment in the US and to a slow-down in the process whereby the Chinese labor force is gradually absorbed in the modern sectors of the economy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can say I agree for the time being. Unfortunately I also believe it's only a matter of time before they run out of resources and try to take us on. To make matters worse the recent reports of only one woman for every five men is extremely disturbing.
Actually, I sacrificed a chicken this morning and checked out the innards and it said that it's actually 25 men for every 1 female. Facts are so over-rated.

·
17 Oaks Ranch Tx
3,890 Posts
Going to assume you are speaking of China.

China is buying oil fields across the world, in fact they are buying DRILLING RIGHTS here in the US. This is public info.

China is also buying Copper and silver rights all over the world along with other metals NEEDED in high tech manuf. China is quite smart and they know the requirements to maintain their stand in the world. And right now they are buying rights to petrol/minerals globally. Running out of resources is NOT in their cards anytime soon...

·
Appalachian Adventurer
225 Posts
Honestly, in my opinion, I believe there is one major thing America could do that would both stabilize our economy, give incentives for goods "Made in the USA", and reduce the threat from a Chinese eventual economic takeover. ITs something our forefathers believed in and so do I. Tarrifs! Tax the goods that are imported. Companies will start to lose money through outsourcing and they'll eventually ahve to bring their factories, help centers, etc. back into the united states, and in order to keep producing the goods at the same level theyll have to hire Americans. Sorry, and i know others will disagree, but i think this is our best step to solving our economic issues.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts