Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
All over Europe
3,360 Posts
I just watched it on Putlocker, but I'm in Romania. Far too many 'meaningful silences' that actually made the film boring. No plot. Minimal interaction between characters.

On the other hand, it's a wonderful, shining gold plated story about why in a survivalist situation, one should never, ever rely on a traditional garden. They're a beacon to all and sundry who might be hungry, and easily raided or destroyed. A Forest Garden, with traditional and non- traditional plants and bushes and trees planted in what would seem haphazard, can't be easily destroyed, and most would be thieves probably wouldn't recognise food planted in such a way if they fell into it.

Additionally, the film presents a fine lesson of why every bolt hole needs a back door/trap door/alternate escape other than the front door.

And crossbows trump guns, especially if one can make one's own arrows. And learn to trap and make booby traps.

I wouldn't bother much with the actual film, but the peripheral information in there is first class.

·
Living the dream:-)
1,620 Posts
Watched it on showbox about an hr ago. It just wasn't that good. It was slow. No interaction between characters really. Not keeping his gun loaded. Could've been much better I think. To me it wasn't a good movie to learn from. And it wasn't Hollywood. Just fell flat IMHO

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
4,787 Posts
If you are here you're already aware of how dark SHTF will be. It showed what I believe would be the very real image of a collapse and what is left. A bit slow but necessary for those that cant see past FB to realize that this is all thats left. Let me know if you want the movie link PM

·
Registered
34 Posts
**Slight Spoiler**
I just watched it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. To each his own though. Critiquing these kind of films with a general survivalist perspective is pointless and disregards its intended purpose, imo. The TEOTWAWKI background for this film is just another platform for the dystopian genre. Look a little deeper, the trade of sex for shelter, the complete disregard for human life, the inability to trust another person, and preferring live alone without human contact. How did the characters get into this state of mind, how are they coping with their present reality, and is there any humanity left in them. Looking at it from that perspective may make it a little more enjoyable. After all, physically surviving is only half the battle. The mental fortitude required to survive is the other half. Just look at the television series “Alone”. The mental part of the surviving is arguably the most important when you are looking long term.

BTW, I streamed it from Bunnymovie.com with no issues.

If you want to see a great film on the psychological toll surviving alone would take, watch The Wall or Die Wand. It is a German film that came out a few years ago about a woman who is cut off from all human contact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.