Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the economy is in the crapper/heading there, there are still some industries that flourish and other good things that happen as well.

For instance, I've decided to refinance. I just locked in a 4.75% interest rate on a fixed loan. Although I think it will come down even more in the next quarter, I have some other reasons for not waiting that long.

In fact today my bank representative told me that the local branch I do business with had received 100 refinance applications in the last 2 days! She said that was more than had nearly all year!

So, maybe this helps to add a little brightness in a time of doom and gloom...

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
They're doing anything they can to stem the forclosure avalanche.Too little,too late.Should have been doing this 4 years ago.

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're doing anything they can to stem the forclosure avalanche.Too little,too late.Should have been doing this 4 years ago.
I believe they shouldn't have been regulating banks to make them give out loans to people who couldn't afford them. Banks should be able to lend to whom they feel will be able to repay the loans. Screw "no doc" loans and all of that crap. I wished all of those predatory loan institutions would have gone tits up and got no government handout.

This goes the same for people too stupid to understand mortgages and markets and they don't deserve to get bailed out either. Stupidity shouldn't be rewarded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts