Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we are aware of the SHTF and we are aware of bad times to come but are we really understanding SHTF right? For me the fan might get poop on it tomorrow if the stock market callasped and my business went under, I would need a place to live and a place to call home where the cost of living would be low and the ability to eat without a income would be high. For some of us if might be foreclosure and our bank going under that forces us to go into true survival mode. I got into the survival club I am in just because I have a deeded place that is mine that extends to me the use of land for growing a garden, hunting game, and to work from while getting back to some normalcy. But if the Govt came down like a ton of bricks I know I am in a prime spot to defend against invasion and loss of life and land. The SHTF for a lot of people who now wish they owned a little place somewhere that they could live on while getting back on track or hunting a new source of income. Do we wait until it's too late to do more than talk or do we act and secure a place to call home when home becomes no more for whatever reason? I know at least one of you know someone who has been effected by the housing issues that have come about, I bet they wish they had a fall back property now. Well anyway thanks for reading my rant on the SHTF.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Yup, we get it, ya got a survival retreat and it would really behoove us to think hard about buying in(not sure if you own it or just get a cut,really don't care). Try the classified section,thats what it's there for.

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope no cut and not a owner, just too glad to find something that makes sense for us poor guys who are one payment or one paycheck from broke and out in the cold.

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean have you thought about what would be your SHTF trigger? Loosing your house to the bank, job disappearing, or something worse? Has anyone thought about SHTF in terms of stuff that is already happening?

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
I mean have you thought about what would be your SHTF trigger? Loosing your house to the bank, job disappearing, or something worse? Has anyone thought about SHTF in terms of stuff that is already happening?
Of course.

The effects you have mentioned could be weathered by anyone with a back-up plan. Those that are pre-pared, can survive when any of the above happens.

SHTF happens when the masses that are un-prepared become desperate in their situation and act un-morrally to solve the problem they failed to account for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts