Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
The man who brings a knife to a gun fight was.......

·
6,686 Posts
Suppose you are surprised, and your gun is not near? Then what?
Louisville Slugger, pool ball and sock, wallet chain, mag light, throw the 25lb non de-clawed cat at him.....

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was wondering what kind of BS I was about to read when I clicked on this thread. Low and behold i found real ligitamite answers.

A knife is a tool to be used when no one else has one but you.... and you should always have one for other reasons as well.

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
most likely the fellow that surprises you will have a gun
Reply]
I strongly disagree. I can name a good dozen guys I know who almost always have a folder on them. This is NOT counting the Knife handlers I train with (Who usually have several). I can count on one hand, the number of guys who regularly carry guns. They are Bikers, not regular people you might meet.

The reason is that in Chicago CC is not legal and the risk of getting caught is too great. Everyone but the most hardened criminals carry knives here. This includes the bully who picks fights in bars because he is drunk, and feel invincible because he has a weapon.

Also, most people do not feel threatened enough to carry a gun, fear their peers will think there is something wrong with them, and just plain don't want to look like a weirdo. A folding knife however, is generally easy to conceal, quick to draw, and carries no stigma like a gun would.

·
6,686 Posts
I'd take a baseball bat over a knife any day..

·
Registered
645 Posts
Louisville Slugger, pool ball and sock, wallet chain, mag light, throw the 25lb non de-clawed cat at him.....
LOL, I have a picture on my fridge with a guy holding a hissing kitten and it says, "It's dangeous outside take this". LOL, I can't get that image out of my head now.LOL

·
12,005 Posts
Reply]
Do you regularly carry a Louisville Slugger, pool ball in a sock, a wallet & chain, mag light, or a 25lb non de-clawed cat, when you are out at the mall, or wherever it is you are going?

If you went to see a movie, do they let you in with all that odd stuff?

·
12,005 Posts
LOL, I have a picture on my fridge with a guy holding a hissing kitten and it says, "It's dangeous outside take this". LOL, I can't get that image out of my head now.LOL
Reply]
Do you have a digital camera? If so, would you care to take a photo and upload it so we can all see?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts