Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the other knife that i have made this week.

Its total length is 8 1/2" with a 4" blade.

The handle is made from Ziricote which is a member of the Cordia genius family which grows in tropical South America,the natives use it to make craft objects,it is also used for boat decking and furniture making.

It has been secured with 6mm brass pins and epoxy resin,it has a 6mm lanyard tube.

I treated the handle using boiled linseed oil and the polished it using pure bees wax on a buffing mop.

Attachments

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It looks similar to the ones you made the other day. But still nice. What type of steel are you using for your knives??
That's because I'm making them to sell,if they were made for me id make them in different styles,this is the one that didn't have a handle on the other day.

This style is my trade mark but each one is different as they are hand made so there is small variations,this one is slightly longer and the handle shape is different also.

Its made from 4mm O1 tool steel.

Here's a picture so you can compare them,the first picture is of my English bushcraft knives that i make,all different but similar,if you held them in your hand you would feel the difference strait the way as the handles are shaped in different ways and one of the blades has the forge marks left on it while one has a flat grind with micro bevel and another has a flat grind with secondary bevel.

The seconed picture is of my personal knives and as you can see they are all very different.:thumb:

Attachments

·
Got any beer money?
371 Posts
Another vote for the one in the middle!

The wood looks great on your knives. I'd like to see you do some rosewood and cocobola handles, then maybe I'd buy one.

I also agree that you are getting better. Your grinding is looking more refined, as well.

The Bum

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
man that is awesome,

how do you get into the knife making industry
you must be able to make a pretty penny off some of these things, or personalised gifts.
Thanks.:)

Well you have to get your name out there first which is the hardest part and then just keep making and selling until you make a name which is what im trying to do.

Ive made very little profit from knife making to date as you have to put your money back into buying kit and materials.

When ebay UK banned knife sales that took away one of my outlets:(

·
Got any beer money?
371 Posts
Thanks.:)

Well you have to get your name out there first which is the hardest part and then just keep making and selling until you make a name which is what im trying to do.

Ive made very little profit from knife making to date as you have to put your money back into buying kit and materials.

When ebay UK banned knife sales that took away one of my outlets:(
Man, I feel for you UK guys that like knives.

Pretty soon you'll pick up a charge for carrying a rock with out a permit!

I don't know, I know you have family there and call it home, but I'd get the hell out if I were one of you guys.

In New Hampshire, USA (home for me), we have no restrictions exept double edges and autos. Everything else goes, concealed or not. Come on over! The crime isn't as bad as the news would have you believe (at least not most places).

The Bum

[sorry, Sticks, I kinda got off the subject of your knives]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.