Survivalist Forum banner

Have you been in militaristic-type conflict, of which you were a civilian?

• yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • no

Votes: 26 81.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
cleaning crew
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
different people have different perspective of SHTF, from rodney king riot to katrina to the current iraqis situation.

my SHTF is being a civilian in a crisis like the current iraqis situation, afghanistan, georgia/ossetian conflict, bosnia/serbia....or any militaristic conflicts that have caused you to relocate within your country or seek refuge in another country.

how many people on this forum can relate to crisis like theses? you don't need to post the conflict, just yes or no.

thanks.

·
Hides Well from others
120 Posts
Was caught up in the riots in Detroit in 67 as a kid. Saw National Guard guys loading color TV's into their truck from a smashed in store "for safekeeping". They were very expensive at the time. Two weeks later my older sisters boyfriend who was in the Guard brought over a new TV for my parents. He said they found it on the side of the street.

·
I'll bring the rope.
1,354 Posts
When I lived in SF CA I saw rioting related to Rodney King. The rioters ran up and down Market Street breaking windows and looting, and it was very fluid. I thought it was pure entertainment until I realized I was surrounded by angry black faces who wanted to hurt white people. I quickly did an assessment and turned back towards the line of cops and yelled, fist in the air, "F*** the Police!"

It worked. Not only did I escape with my hide intact, but some social justice lawyer chick even hit on me!

·
Off-roadie
895 Posts
stupid boulder co football game turned riot, got gassed (not fun), saw the cops gang up on, jump and beat the crud out of some dumb unarmed college kids (so brave) several cars rolled, couches and trash cans burned, lots of vandalism

·
Good news everyone
524 Posts
I think it was Homer Simpson that said, "When you have been in as many riots as I have, you can sense them coming".

Or it may have been, "When you have been the cause of as many riots as I have, you can sense them coming".

WVU Morgantown has one after every game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.