Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we headed up to the ranch this weekend and had a pretty good time. Initally we had planned on pitchin some tents but a whole slew of folks ended up showin (thirteen in all) for the fun so we all crashed in the house. All but the women hit the dirt early Saturday and had a good time up until about 1:30pm when I headed but and got the guns to play with. The kids decided they'd rather ride so it was just the adults this time.

We comensed to firing but forgot the sungoes down alot earlier this time of year so our time was limited. I should say that shooting happens to be one of my favorite things to do. I say (one of) because my daughter asked what is my favorite thing to do, ride motorcycles or shoot guns and all I could come up with is "well my favorite thing to do is what I'm doing at that time". While we're shooting I couldn't help but think that my personnal choice for a BO Rifle ( SPR MK12 MOD 0 ) is without a doubt the best choice for me. Now I have most of all the other "survival type rifles" but for me there is no other choice. It's a handy little rifle that does everything i ask of it without question. It supplies me with 62-75grains of knock down power with accuracy that stays in the 2min range under stress and 3/4min not under stress. I feeds me every single time I ask it to. I know there are quite a few critics out there and would'nt stake your life on the Stoner design but Since I built this rifle it has not failed me, save for the time I fed it WOLF ammo and it did fail to feed properly.

Saturday night we all gathered for some grub and then some games of Texas Hold'em.

Sunday was pretty much the same but I started off shootin with some of the guy's and ended the day that way while most every else rode.

Sorry no real survival story but I think worth mentioning.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
you are in the hill county part of texas..i know that area very well been chase around the hill county by a few **** off dads back in my younger days as a single young man..and george.m. if you reading this part of the post ,,i never did anything with your sister ok ..all will and allways have love the area down there in that part of the texas..been deer and pig hunting down in the hill county a lot ..that the part of i miss the most down there is the family and friends gets togerthers on the weekends

1 - 5 of 5 Posts