Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! This thread is dedicated to those of us who carry survival tins, pocket survival kits, personal survival kits, or any small kit that would be carried in your pocket. Giving new guys ideas on how to start their own PSK's, and giving the older members new ideas. So what's in your PSK?

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
I usually carry a lightly tweaked Doug Ritter Pocket Survival Pak. I put it in a small, zippered Maxpedition pouch and replaced the original button compass with a small Suunto Clipper Compass, added some more light Mil-Spec cordage, a Buck Prince or Knight will fit in there, too.

Also room for more interesting things if need be, too.

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
Check out the bottom PSK threads.

Most people will tell you mini PSKs aren't big enough for survival.

PSKs are more personal than BOBs for your survival.
For some it's just meds to keep them going.

The guy that wrote "Build the Perfect Survival Kit" was on here for awhile.
John D. McCann

Please read all of the pages on this site, tells how to make different sized kits:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...out-altoids-tin-and-two-more-life-saving-diy-

My mini PSK is a Plano fishing box stuffed with goodies, stuck inside a M1961 M14 ammo pouch, along with a Snus tin of tea candles in bottom.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It is nice to have such small useful things. How many actually know how to use them or have tried using them just to test them out as well as to test their own skill? It is far better to practise before one really needs to use them in earnest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.