Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Alpha Woof
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not everyone will resonate with this post, and that's okay, but For Those whom it does: act as you will.

Most people around us are so wrapped up in their Virtual Identities that they haven't stopped to smell the fire - I may not have much... but I have foreknowledge. THAT puts me in a unique position to assist some people where I think it might help best - and so at around 2 or 3 AM this morning I distributed a few small preparedness bags of masks and gloves, along with some bags of dog food to at risk individuals in my community of whom I am aware. I can't help everyone. But if there's a 50% chance our money is going to be useless depending on the wind - it may as well go towards saving some lives - even if they didn't listen while we were yelling and screaming, waving our arms in the air. What we do for others....we to do ourselves. I made a point to deliver boxes of N95's which I was lucky enough to score to several nurses I know, with the note "Please keep. Just in Case" on them. They may not realize it yet, but they may run out at work. I hope to set an example. These are just some of my ideas. If in a position to do so - It could make an actual difference. God Speed.

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,801 Posts
May want to rethink that 2-3 am delivery time. Seems that could lead to some unintended consequences as I'd not take to kindly to someone in my yard at that hour.
News Flash
Suspected intruder shot by vigilant home owner, man was carrying face mask and rubber gloves, suspected tainted dog food for guard dog.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
BASS
2,095 Posts
As said here before. " They will depend on you later".

Yes... I will not be a "Provider when you could have provided for your family and yourself". Best to all.... BASS

I do not believe this will occur.

But I've spent ~$1k on things to give away.
Wipes, masks, and food.

But the vast majority are prepositioned, not given.

I believe if you give it away now they will be LESS likely to prepare themselves.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I have a supply of food for my non prepping family plus my house is bug in central. I will help my one neighbour up to a point. They are both quite old though so that could be their undoing . She has to go for cancer treatments.

·
Bugged out already
4,078 Posts
Not everyone will resonate with this post, and that's okay, but For Those whom it does: act as you will.

Most people around us are so wrapped up in their Virtual Identities that they haven't stopped to smell the fire - I may not have much... but I have foreknowledge. THAT puts me in a unique position to assist some people where I think it might help best - and so at around 2 or 3 AM this morning I distributed a few small preparedness bags of masks and gloves, along with some bags of dog food to at risk individuals in my community of whom I am aware. I can't help everyone. But if there's a 50% chance our money is going to be useless depending on the wind - it may as well go towards saving some lives - even if they didn't listen while we were yelling and screaming, waving our arms in the air. What we do for others....we to do ourselves. I made a point to deliver boxes of N95's which I was lucky enough to score to several nurses I know, with the note "Please keep. Just in Case" on them. They may not realize it yet, but they may run out at work. I hope to set an example. These are just some of my ideas. If in a position to do so - It could make an actual difference. God Speed.
You are doing right. You may have just changed a trajectory somewhere that will make a difference.

·
Live True
377 Posts
I've preached preparedness for years to mixed reception. So I started giving "prep starter kits" to those I care about, even the naysayers. A 5 gallon bucket with the basics. Left a note in the bottom that said, "I told you so."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts