Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vinegar is a MUST HAVE in a survival kit. You can give it to you and your dog to make your blood taste sour. Keeps the mosquitos and fleas away. Take a tablespoon every day. It can clean a lot of different things. You can use it to kill knats. It has a lot of health benefits also and is loaded with vitamin C

·
Registered
212 Posts
Vinegar is a MUST HAVE in a survival kit. You can give it to you and your dog to make your blood taste sour. Keeps the mosquitos and fleas away. Take a tablespoon every day. It can clean a lot of different things. You can use it to kill knats. It has a lot of health benefits also and is loaded with vitamin C
I remember hearing that too much vinegar can lead to calcium deficiency in your body resulting in a bunch of diseases I can not spell. I would research the benefits of a good calcium supplement if you plan to use vinegar daily. :thumb:

·
<< This Space For Rent >>
72 Posts
A few years back I started getting really bad heartburn. I didn't want to end up on a daily dose of pills and so I researched natural and home remedies and everyone praised using vinegar for heartburn relief.

I started taking two full tablespoons with a glass of water and it relieved the heartburn within an hour. I just took some more as needed and in a short while I noticed I wasn't getting heartburn much anymore.

Now, I only have to take a dose of vinegar once every 4-6 months if my diet is really bad. Otherwise, no more heartburn.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Ginger is another good natural cure for some gastric / digestive ills. Ginger beer or fresh ginger cure a multitude of stuff.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
I clean my house with vinegar. The smell dissipates quickly and I don't have to worry about my kids rolling around on a floor that been smeared with chemicals.

·
Bail me out
398 Posts
its defiantly great for heartburn i take it in pill form.

Reactions: macmonkey

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
It works for heartburn if you have it because of digestive problems. But not if you are overproducin gastric acid.

And I like vinegar. Kills germs. Neutralizes smells. Neutralizes alkalines like some soaps (Apply a little together with water on hands or hair or whatever you washed n rub a little). Good for soaking fabric that has been soiled.

In the long run I might even make the weaker kind of vinegar. Making wine isn't always successful.

Yeast for alcohol... *Takes mental note*

·
Registered
111 Posts
vinegar is also good for ridding and keeping fleas, ticks and other annoying pest off you pets and if you have a problem with fleas in the house pour a little vinegar in a shallow bowl and set it in a bright spot in the house the pests will be attracted to the vinegar and drown.

·
Bail me out
398 Posts
I thought that if your blood was too acidic, that it would lead to diseases, and maybe cancer. At least that's what I think I remember.
thats what i was told also.

·
Doomsayer
4,048 Posts
I buy Bragg's Vinegar. It's tasty but pretty strong. Here is a great website that explains what the "Mother" of vinegar is and it's usefullness. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-mother-of-vinegar.htm You can use it to make salad dressings and heavy metal detox. Detox is tricky. I tried it once and was aching all over for a while.
Me too. Been taking it for years.

http://www.bragg.com/books/acv_excerpt.html

MUCH better than regular distilled vinegar. Bragg's natural, undistilled ACV w/The Mother, 2 capfuls per day with juice or V8.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Old timers lesson alert***

Vinegar is very easy to make at home. It is many times made by wine makers. It is made either with a vinegar mother purchased, or with a fine cheese cloth cover over the fermentation vat.

It is very common to find a centuries old mother being giv en in a smaller ferment vat in some countries to married children when the get a new home. All of the unwanted extra wine is added to a working vat. This includes meals where it is poured and only partially drank. The half finished glasses are added instead of being thrown out as the acetic acid kills any germs.

Many people make wine just to turn to wine vinegar which is fairly expensive and requires a succession of differing wood barrels to finish.

It works for food prep as much as health uses including skin dry patches and athletes foot funguses, and feminine washing among many others. Search on vinegar mother and Roman vinegar uses.

End old timer spew****

·
Registered
24 Posts
Been drinking a tablespoon of Braggs in a glass of water three times a day for a long time now. Add a tablespoon of unprocessed honey and it helps with arthritis.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You can get (two) one gallon jugs at Sam's for about $3.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you talking about Braggs? If you are thats a great deal. A gallon cost $16.95 at the local health food store. If it's regular filtered apple cider vinegar found in most grocery stores it is not what you want for the health benefits. It has to be raw unprocessed vinegar.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Are you talking about Braggs? If you are thats a great deal. A gallon cost $16.95 at the local health food store. If it's regular filtered apple cider vinegar found in most grocery stores it is not what you want for the health benefits. It has to be raw unprocessed vinegar.
Sorry, I was not referring to Braggs- just plain vinegar.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts