Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Non ducor, duco.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch this video ....

any freedom loving american should be appaled and pass this video on to everyone they can ... there is a fast approaching police state coming and if we do not demand our political leaders address the trashing of the constitution I fear for us all

Newark Police Department Phone Directory
Main Number: 973-733-6000

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
What happens in a public street is reportable. While this is probably an officer who does not know the law, there can be reasons to put a camera down... such as an undercover officer is coming by who should not be on video et cetera. But I don't that is the case here. Just a cop who doesn't know the rules.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have seen this shtick first hand on more then one occassion. Police seem not to be required to know the law they are suppose to uphold. I was a passanger in a vehicle which had a firearm out in plain site on the rear seat. This is required by Maryland law. We we stopped by a cop who was going to arrest us for traveling with the gun. The drive of the vehicle had his wits about him & refused to get out of the car and requested a superviser. The superviser allowed us on our way.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
ive worked with officers like this, it does happen a lot in an industry that sees a lot of stress and attracts a number of power and thrill junkies. I'm glad to see that CBS2 is fighting that summons, and I hope they counterfile against the officer. He clearly jumped at LEAST 2 levels of the force continuum, which is a criminal act even to a cop. There was no excuse for that kind of behavior.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...j--cameramanarrested1027oct27,0,7105649.story

newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--cameramanarrested1027oct27,0,7105649.story
Newsday.com

Officer suspended over cameraman arrest in Newark

October 27, 2008

BY VICTOR EPSTEINP> Associated Press WriterP>

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) _ A special police officer who arrested a television cameraman covering a rally against violence was suspended without pay Monday.

Brian Shariff was suspended hours after Newark Mayor Cory Booker said he was "disgusted" and "disturbed" by the incident, which occurred Sunday. The incident is being investigated by the city.

Video showed Shariff, a 12-year veteran, placing CBS cameraman Jim Quodomine in what appeared to be a choke hold after arresting him for disorderly conduct.

"People don't always follow their training," Booker said. "Just because you wear a badge doesn't mean you are perfect."

Booker said that special police officers, such as Shariff, receive training from the city and often work at churches and local businesses. Their uniforms are similar to those of regular police officers, but they are not police officers.

Video of the incident on the CBS Web site also depicted Shariff threatening reporter Christine Sloan with arrest and telling her, "I can do whatever I want." He repeatedly ordered Quodomine to put down his camera before grabbing him.

Michael Nelson, vice president of the CBS Stations Group, called on the city to dismiss the disorderly conduct charge. He noted that Quodomine was standing on a public sidewalk at the time of the incident.

"WCBS-TV stands behind the conduct of Jim Quodomine, who clearly did nothing wrong," Nelson said.

Shariff could not be reached for comment. No telephone listing could be found for him.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...j--cameramanarrested1027oct27,0,7105649.story

newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--cameramanarrested1027oct27,0,7105649.story
Newsday.com

Officer suspended over cameraman arrest in Newark

October 27, 2008

BY VICTOR EPSTEINP> Associated Press WriterP>

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) _ A special police officer who arrested a television cameraman covering a rally against violence was suspended without pay Monday.

Brian Shariff was suspended hours after Newark Mayor Cory Booker said he was "disgusted" and "disturbed" by the incident, which occurred Sunday. The incident is being investigated by the city.

Video showed Shariff, a 12-year veteran, placing CBS cameraman Jim Quodomine in what appeared to be a choke hold after arresting him for disorderly conduct.

"People don't always follow their training," Booker said. "Just because you wear a badge doesn't mean you are perfect."

Booker said that special police officers, such as Shariff, receive training from the city and often work at churches and local businesses. Their uniforms are similar to those of regular police officers, but they are not police officers.

Video of the incident on the CBS Web site also depicted Shariff threatening reporter Christine Sloan with arrest and telling her, "I can do whatever I want." He repeatedly ordered Quodomine to put down his camera before grabbing him.

Michael Nelson, vice president of the CBS Stations Group, called on the city to dismiss the disorderly conduct charge. He noted that Quodomine was standing on a public sidewalk at the time of the incident.

"WCBS-TV stands behind the conduct of Jim Quodomine, who clearly did nothing wrong," Nelson said.

Shariff could not be reached for comment. No telephone listing could be found for him.
It means nothing. This thing happens in America on a daily, even hourly basis. If they wanted it stopped, they would.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
you people are right about the NWO- but are showing a bad example of how it works, and making a mountain out of a mole hill in the process. The police state is occurring due to the absurd policies made, not for one pissed off cop that apparently hasn't been laid since the bicentennial

·
Registered
173 Posts
It means nothing. This thing happens in America on a daily, even hourly basis. If they wanted it stopped, they would.

YouTube - Lady shot in the face, cops laugh
Protesting in the modern age needs to evolve. What would happen if protesters came dressed like those officers, more or less. Is it illegal to wear a gas mask or helmet and visor? Is it illegal to have padding on? Is it illegal to wear a black uniform and jackboots? Is it illegal to have a plexiglass shield? I'm sure all these things can be bought from catalogs.

If you go mountain climbing you choose the correct gear. Looks like protesting these days is just as dangerous and needs the same amount of preparation.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
The problem I see with most cops is the second you question any thing they are doing they go off in a mad rage. Who are you to question my authority sort of attitude. They fail to explain why they are arresting you. By arresting you any time they stop you that is an arrest it usually says so on your ticket. So people question them and when they do not give you a response they usually grab that shoulder radio and have a back up coming and do not talk to you but put one hand on a weapon and back up. This is a posture I see over and over. I have stood by and watched and have been told is this your spouse or something like that and have been told to move out or your going to be arrested. It comes down to they do not want a witness to have to deal with. I have seen them place a clip board on the windshield to block the camera in the car. This type of action by the people we pay for to protect us is not what we need. We need police to protect and serve not be enforcers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 'perp' should have run about 100 feet and that fat idiot cop would have keeled over with a coronary during the pursuit.
LOL In other words always carry a doughnut so it can be thrown in the opposite direction as a distraction.

Note: To all law enforcement officers reading this board, I was only kidding. Please do not beat me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What disturbs me more is that the cameraman and reporter apparently believe that they cannot be arrested no matter what they do. The media in this country are a super-class, not beholden to the laws everyone else must obey. They can make up stories, withhold evidence and lie on national TV and as long as they are "reporters" they are above the law.

That's scary.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts