Survivalist Forum banner

The perfect SHTF house?

11K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  occam 
#1 ·
Because dome houses buried underground are very expensive and kind of dour, I am now in love with a house that my gf brought to my attention (I think she saw it on Reddit).

It's in Barcelona.

I really like the design because you can be prepared for SHTF without making yourself look like a hermit or give up all of your social activities.

Plus, if you situate the house so all the glass is facing the sun (and I am assuming it is), you have a natural heating element when you're not expecting looters, vandals, or zombies.

The sliding garage door is definitely the weakest link, but I think a small hole or two on top of some sand bags could cure that... and you could add pottery and plants to make it look decorative.

If you were really hardcore I'm sure you could get a similar place with thicker glass.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed.

It was built by http://www.kwkpromes.pl/

It is called the "safe house"

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome! I wonder how those coverings work? They look pretty hefty and I wouldn't be surprised if they were hydraulically operated. I wonder how much power is required to operate those things... The thing I would be worried about, is having that sweet house turn into a tomb or something...

#15 ·
Here's my 2 cents

If you really want the perfect BOL hardened house look at the Texas Tech Museum's Los Corralitos. 3 ft thick walls, gun ports, only one door. Using of the times it was impressive. Add to it steel in the walls and drop down gun port covers, internal power generation for HVAC and it get's sweeter. You could expand it to include a garage. Just goggle it.

#18 ·
I have to say I liked the Aatrial house on their site better to live in day to day.

Along with all these wonderful design features for safe houses, can we get some outside elements that make them look less like the Stalin Memorial Hospital? I understand defense comes first, but if you spend to build something like this it is probably going to be around for a long, long time.

Anyone here work construction? Could you etch the concrete or do mosaic with colored concrete, just anything to break up the cold look? Post SHTF we are going to need beauty as well as functionality more than ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.