Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Safe and blessed"
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I stopped by Costco on my way home from the doctor’s to top off my tank and pick up a chicken for dinner (forgot to thaw something out). As is my usual practice when on my own in Costco I was browsing through the books and music section enjoying a free Twizzlers sample when an interesting title caught my eye. “The COMPLETE Worst-case Scenario Survival Handbook”! Well of course I picked it up and began to leaf through the pages. Now many of you may already be familiar with this useful series of books, (reading the back cover clued me in to the fact that the “man-ual” I held in my hand was a compilation of the best survival tips from all the other books in the series) but I was not familiar with the material.
You can’t imagine my delight when I realized that I had stumbled upon the perfect Dad’s Day gift for my non-prepping spouse who has on occasion questioned my sanity. This wonderful guide for men is chock full of useful survival information on a wide variety of subjects. Now I know that I’ve been accused on occasion of being somewhat cynical and sarcastic but I assure you I purchased this gift with the very best of intentions! After all every man can use a guide that might persuade him to follow instructions and I believe this book is capable of that and so much more!
With chapters dealing with subjects such as “How to Survive Being Hit in the Goolies”, “How to Toilet Train Your Cat”, “How to Remove a Wad of Paper from Your Child’s Nose”, “How to Sleep on the Couch”, “Garage Emergencies”, “How to Treat a Dart Injury”, and “How to Survive a Bungee Jumping Disaster” how could this not interest him! There were even chapters directly relevant to recent events in my husband’s life, for example “How to Outwit a Pack of Wolves” (hubby was recently bitten by one of his aunt’s three wolf hybrid dogs and I’m sure this info will come in handy as he is over there once a week at least). Also included were several pictorials, one I especially liked was a guide to facial hair options, I’m really hoping hubby takes note of those as he has recently shaved off his goatee and I find that I am distressed by his new look but don’t wish to insult him (any remedies or advice on this situation would be appreciated ladies).
In conclusion I would highly recommend this book to those ladies possessed of a spouse who is not survival oriented. I sincerely believe any husband would find this book useful and it’s always wise to offer encouragement not to mention the fact that an emergency guide makes a lovely and thoughtful gift that demonstrates just how much you care about their well being. And at $14.99 it was a bargain I couldn’t resist! I’m sure he’ll enjoy it much more then that Coleman Road Grill set up I had originally thought to buy him!

Just a few pics of my purchase!

Just a thought…laughter truly is the best medicine and perhaps it is even capable of bridging the gap when you and hubby are not on the same page!

·
Raving Loony
2,253 Posts
Oh ho ho ho ho...

...Don't tempt me. Don't tempt me.

Well, he did at least try. He has this habit of having to buy gifts every time he goes on a business trip. Instead of lacy things and pretty stuff that gathers dust, he brought me a really good knife. Like he's trying to make up for spending two days calling me crazy (and worse) before he left.

Is there anything in that book about dealing with a survivalist/prepper wife???? Getting over being angry and ashamed that you don't live "like other professional people"???? 'Cause otherwise I'd probably better not push it...

·
"Safe and blessed"
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad to say...

MC unfortunately this volume seems to be sadly unaware of our particular predicament, but there was a chapter dealing with how to apologize when he has no idea what he's done wrong...followed by instructions for sleeping on the couch!:D: Truely practical information there! :thumb:
Didn't mean to tempt you, me...well I just HAD to do it!:eek: But then again, I've always found the couch rather comfy lol So be it if that is where I end up, it's familiar territory to me!:upsidedown:
Thought I'd go shopping today at the dollar store to see if they had any nice camo print gift wrap...I want to present my gift as nicely as possible!:D:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Today I stopped by Costco on my way home from the doctor’s to top off my tank and pick up a chicken for dinner (forgot to thaw something out). As is my usual practice when on my own in Costco I was browsing through the books and music section enjoying a free Twizzlers sample when an interesting title caught my eye. “The COMPLETE Worst-case Scenario Survival Handbook”! Well of course I picked it up and began to leaf through the pages. Now many of you may already be familiar with this useful series of books, (reading the back cover clued me in to the fact that the “man-ual” I held in my hand was a compilation of the best survival tips from all the other books in the series) but I was not familiar with the material.
You can’t imagine my delight when I realized that I had stumbled upon the perfect Dad’s Day gift for my non-prepping spouse who has on occasion questioned my sanity. This wonderful guide for men is chock full of useful survival information on a wide variety of subjects. Now I know that I’ve been accused on occasion of being somewhat cynical and sarcastic but I assure you I purchased this gift with the very best of intentions! After all every man can use a guide that might persuade him to follow instructions and I believe this book is capable of that and so much more!
With chapters dealing with subjects such as “How to Survive Being Hit in the Goolies”, “How to Toilet Train Your Cat”, “How to Remove a Wad of Paper from Your Child’s Nose”, “How to Sleep on the Couch”, “Garage Emergencies”, “How to Treat a Dart Injury”, and “How to Survive a Bungee Jumping Disaster” how could this not interest him! There were even chapters directly relevant to recent events in my husband’s life, for example “How to Outwit a Pack of Wolves” (hubby was recently bitten by one of his aunt’s three wolf hybrid dogs and I’m sure this info will come in handy as he is over there once a week at least). Also included were several pictorials, one I especially liked was a guide to facial hair options, I’m really hoping hubby takes note of those as he has recently shaved off his goatee and I find that I am distressed by his new look but don’t wish to insult him (any remedies or advice on this situation would be appreciated ladies).
In conclusion I would highly recommend this book to those ladies possessed of a spouse who is not survival oriented. I sincerely believe any husband would find this book useful and it’s always wise to offer encouragement not to mention the fact that an emergency guide makes a lovely and thoughtful gift that demonstrates just how much you care about their well being. And at $14.99 it was a bargain I couldn’t resist! I’m sure he’ll enjoy it much more then that Coleman Road Grill set up I had originally thought to buy him!

Just a thought…laughter truly is the best medicine and perhaps it is even capable of bridging the gap when you and hubby are not on the same page!
HAHA, im sorry, that picture with the cat using the toilet is priceless. But i have owned a few of these books (worst case scenario holidays and general survival), and they actually have nice info. They aren't something you'd want to live off of but it sure adds a few tricks you wouldn't have known otherwise.

·
Banned
330 Posts

Great idea, I'm new to survival mode so this book sounds like a fun way to learn. I'm trying to get involved for my hubby. :rofl: amy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts