Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this? Any good?

I just saw a trailer and read the plot. Seems it has a scene right out of Charles Bronson's Death Wish movie.

Reviews?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
EXCELLENT movie. Phoenix created a very powerful character. People want to compare his Joker to Heath Ledger’s Joker and ledger did a killer job but to me phoenix’s joker was way darker, way more sinister.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
The Joker movie is not true to the Batman mythology. The Joker is a criminal mastermind, as was portrayed by Heath Ledger's character. Phoenix's Joker is a loser with a gun. This Joker character isn't someone who could possibly pose a threat to Batman.

It was a good movie worth watching, but the way I see it, they took a concept that could have generated an average box office income, and dressed it up in the DC universe in order to generate a greater income.

I can see how this movie would appeal to Incels, it was tailor made for them.

·
Prepper elite
4,538 Posts
The Joker movie is not true to the Batman mythology. The Joker is a criminal mastermind, as was portrayed by Heath Ledger's character. Phoenix's Joker is a loser with a gun. This Joker character isn't someone who could possibly pose a threat to Batman.

It was a good movie worth watching, but the way I see it, they took a concept that could have generated an average box office income, and dressed it up in the DC universe in order to generate a greater income.

I can see how this movie would appeal to Incels, it was tailor made for them.
Umm ok, however this was how joker became joker. Batman was only 10 at best in this movie.

It's a excellent film of depression and insanity. The falling man who goes over the edge with all his pain.

If you expected a straight marvel action movie..this isnt it.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Umm ok, however this was how joker became joker. Batman was only 10 at best in this movie.

It's a excellent film of depression and insanity. The falling man who goes over the edge with all his pain.

If you expected a straight marvel action movie..this isnt it.
Agree 100%. Criminal masterminds aren’t born they’re made, and they’re usually made by chronic trauma. The Joker character is more disturbed than just a criminal mastermind, and Phoenix did an excellent job of illustrating how that happened, how I began.
When Michael Caine told Bruce Wayne about the man who stole jewels just to throw them in the river he did it to help him understand sometimes people don’t do criminal acts for gain, sometimes they just do it to “watch the world burn”. That epitomizes the character Phoenix created.

Phoenix actually incorporated a bit of Ledger’s character. When the ledger character was being beaten he gives you the idea that beating him is useless. Not because he’a Tough but because he’s been beaten so much it lost it’s effect. Ledger’s Joker isn’t a tough guy, he’s a guy who doesn’t give a single ****

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,105 Posts
Just watched it. Almost walked out. The incessant laughing, the dirty city (reminds me of my childhood in NYC) and the lack of an interesting plot was just too much.

I don't find the descent into madness fascinating or captivating. I find it sad.

Phoenix is a great actor and put on the best performance of his life. It matters not. The story is uninteresting and the characters fall short.

Sorry, but I don't see any redeeming value.

·
Prepper elite
4,538 Posts
Either people get the movie or wont... people who walk out are expecting this marvel Disney garbage of over the top trash. This was dc only good movie and it is ..slow and drawn out. Its supposed to show you what depression and pain is like. Anyways I hope they make second.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the Joker movie was great. Intense, deep, and amazing acting. But it's not a comic book movie, some people might be disappointed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts