1 - 20 of 87 Posts
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered this today.

https://naaga.co/

Lifetime membership is $600
Annual membership is $29/year
Couple membership is $39/year
Family membership (up to 4) is $59/year.

Membership shall not be denied to any person because of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical disability of the person.

The first convention of NAAGA will take place in Atlanta, August 14, 15, & 16, 2020.

The goal of the National African American Gun Association is to establish a 2nd Amendment Organization that educates and trains our community on the rich legacy of gun ownership of African Americans, offering education, training, support, safety standards, and cultural inspiration.

We are a pro 2nd amendment organization focused on the preservation of our community through armed protection and community building. We are a hub and network for all African American firearm owners, organizations, gun clubs and outdoor enthusiasts.

The long-term goal of the National African American Gun Association is to have every African American introduced to firearm use for home protection, competitive shooting, and outdoor recreational activities. We welcome people of all religious, political, social, and racial backgrounds.

We especially welcome African American members of law enforcement and active retired military.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,835 Posts
I discovered this today.

Membership shall not be denied to any person because of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical disability of the person.

The first convention of NAAGA will take place in Atlanta, August 14, 15, & 16, 2020.
I think it's cool. Have always wondered why they didn't have 1. They have just about everything else so why not a Right To Bear Arms group.

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
I wonder if they take white guys. If as it is written, I'd throw them a year membership fee. But I have to really look into that one and see if my internet skills are good enough to really figure out if it's legit. If it is, I'm all for it.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,928 Posts
I will have to tell my husband, he might join even though we can't carry.

Reactions: Optimist

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
There are many gun rights groups that African American gun owners can join. Many don't because of the racial concerns. I hope that this new organization can alleviate that and truly turns out to be a legitimate group that promotes gun rights and not just another way for anger against others to be demonstrated.

I will be very interested in seeing it grow and join the NRA, Gun Owners of America (GOA), National Association of Gun Rights (NAGR), the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), and many others in lobbying Congress to protect all gun owners 2nd Amendment rights.

·
Swift Justice = 2950fps
10,445 Posts
Where on the face of this earth is this country called "Africa America" located? A person is either African or they are American. I'm happy to see another gun support emerge, but they need to cut the Bull ****. It they were born in America they're "AMERICANS". The National African American Gun Association is a race based group and therefore a racist organization. They get no respect from me.

14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where on the face of this earth is this country called "Africa America" located? A person is either African or they are American. I'm happy to see another gun support emerge, but they need to cut the Bull ****. It they were born in America they're "AMERICANS". The National African American Gun Association is a race based group and therefore a racist organization. They get no respect from me.
I see your point, and even agree with you about all the "African-American" BS, but I don't agree with your knee-jerk conclusion of it being racist.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,294 Posts
I see your point, and even agree with you about all the "African-American" BS, but I don't agree with your knee-jerk conclusion of it being racist.
The racist aspects are obvious when you consider the White Gun Owners Association
White Entertainment Television
National Association for Advancement of White People
White Lives Matter

14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s a raced based organization....it’s in their name.
Being race based, doesn't necessarily mean that it is inherently racist.

The racist aspects are obvious when you consider the White Gun Owners Association
White Entertainment Television
National Association for Advancement of White People
White Lives Matter
I know of the NAAWP. It was founded and run by David Duke out of his elected state office. I've never heard or seen the rest of those, so I don't know for a fact that such are intrinsically racist, and I refuse to make assumptions based upon such.

Remember that when everything becomes racist, nothing is then racist.

·
Retired *****
18,296 Posts
Being race based, doesn't necessarily mean that it is inherently racist.
Say WHAT???

Hell, "It's okay to be white" is THE. MOST. RACIST. THING. EVER. CREATED. according to the overseers.

===

Anything that inserts race into their name is inherently racist. Of course if you are a POC it is impossible for you to be racist. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
606 Posts
To know if it’s racist or not is simple, just substitute white for black. If it’s not “ok” for whatever to be white, it’s not ok for it be black.

Congressional White Caucus Vs Congressional Black Caucus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
You know what is really, really, really racist?

The history of American gun laws. If any group of Americans should be proponents for armed defense of liberties and embrace the true meaning of the 2A it should be Black Americans.

Having an "African American" Gun Association achieves more than simply joining the NRA and being singled out as an "Uncle Tom" or "****". It more directly addresses the issue that disarming Blacks has been historically used in the war against the 2A and takes away Progressive Gun Grabber's "for the minorities" angle.

·
Retired *****
18,296 Posts
You know what is really, really, really racist?

The history of American gun laws. If any group of Americans should be proponents for armed defense of liberties and embrace the true meaning of the 2A it should be Black Americans.

Having an "African American" Gun Association achieves more than simply joining the NRA and being singled out as an "Uncle Tom" or "****". It more directly addresses the issue that disarming Blacks has been historically used in the war against the 2A and takes away Progressive Gun Grabber's "for the minorities" angle.
No, it further separates people into us and them and weakens the NRA, the GOA and other gun groups that have NO racial element.

It simply creates ANOTHER grievance group based on their color. If you want to stop everything being about race, stop creating organizations that make everything about race.

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
I discovered this today.

So go, look 'em over, and listen. If it's as it advertises, power to 'em. If it ain't, time enough to call 'em on it then. For my money, the more allies I can bring into the struggle, the better. Struggles are not won by defensive tactics. Hopefully, these folks get it better than the NRA does.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
All for it. I won't join because I'm not black and because I already belong to 4 other pro-gun organizations. I do wonder, however, how people abroad and on this site would react to a "National White Dude's For Gun Rights" organization. I can picture the word "racist" flying about to and fro.

·
Nunquam Non Paratus
1,527 Posts
When I was still working in LE we arrested a black guy and when the officer went to code his race on his paperwork the guy saw him check "African-American". The guy who spoke with an accent told him he was not American at all, he was African. Born and raised in Africa. The guy was really funny about it. :D:

The problem with the term African-American is they are trying to describe race but using terms of nationality to do it. Well, one of the problems with the term I mean...

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
No, it further separates people into us and them and weakens the NRA, the GOA and other gun groups that have NO racial element.

It simply creates ANOTHER grievance group based on their color. If you want to stop everything being about race, stop creating organizations that make everything about race.
I respectfully disagree. The NRA's reputation as a White Conservative lobby has already been established and draws immediate and relentless partisan attack.

The one thing the ACLU, SPLC, and progressive Left will not dare attack is a minority group. Especially the coveted "African American".

Gay, Trans, minorities, etc. can join the NRA all day long and still be counted as the outliers in a notoriously Rural White Conservative group. Separately, on their own, they deliver a concise message that flies directly in the face of Anti 2A establishment: "Not all gun owners and enthusiasts are Straight White Conservatives".

·
Retired *****
18,296 Posts
The NRA's reputation as a White Conservative lobby has already been established...

the NRA ... a notoriously Rural White Conservative group.

"Not all gun owners and enthusiasts are Straight White Conservatives".
It's okay to be in a "notoriously Rural White Conservative group". :thumb: :D:

Notoriety doesn't bother me a bit. The more notorious the better. Puts the fear of God into the enemy. :eek:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts