Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
pack light, move quietly.
556 Posts
What is the point?

I remember Unimogs from my time in the Army. They didn't articulate as has been previously mentioned, so they didn't make a particularly good front end loader. They also broke down and were extremely labor intensive, so they didn't last long enough to dig more than a few fighting positions. For the money a 4x4 diesel conversion van with a lift would probably go farther, last longer and cost less. Use the money saved to buy a real tractor. That thing stands out like a sore thumb, "Bullet Magnet."

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
that thing was doin more than 30
And my 220 was built in the '70s and has no suspension. I've read of big 4wd tractors built in the last 10 years that will run 50 mph down the road with a full-on suspension system. JCB Fastrac being a perfect example. 60mph isn't unheard of with these tractors. :)

EDIT: I'm not saying this Unimog isn't completely badass (which it is). I'm just saying that there are tractors that will flat-out move. The Friday, which was an orchard tractor made in Michigan, was claimed to have been able to do a little over 60 MPH. The Fastrac 3250, used as a push car for the JCB Dieselmax diesel land speed record car pushed at 80mph, at Bonniville in '07. It's alleged to go even faster...

·
zombie response team
3,188 Posts
And my 220 was built in the '70s and has no suspension. I've read of big 4wd tractors built in the last 10 years that will run 50 mph down the road with a full-on suspension system.

EDIT: I'm not saying this Unimog isn't completely badass (which it is). I'm just saying that there are tractors that will flat-out move.
havent spent too much time around tractors, but im sure some will move but i bet they cost out the ass, of coarse this thing does too im sure. hell its says magpull on it so there is 5000 for the decal:eek:

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
You all argue over that thing. Just give me the $150 to $200k that that thing costs to build. I'll take my beater blazer and 50 acres I don't have to move an inch on. You folks wander the vast wasteland looking for nothing but trouble with that thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.