Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let us honor those that fought for our nation.

Thank you for your service.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100623/ap_on_re_us/us_last_code_talker

STURGIS, S.D. – The last of the American Indian code talkers of South Dakota who served during World War II has been laid to rest.

Clarence Wolf Guts of Wanblee was buried Tuesday in Black Hills National Cemetery near Sturgis. The 86-year-old Wolf Guts died June 16 at the South Dakota Veterans Home in Hot Springs.............

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Thank you for your service, now rest well.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
On a related matter the nurse that the sailor kissed on V-DAY in the famous times square photo died today. She was 90.

I wrote an encoded communication module I call navajo.dll

·
Registered
33,183 Posts
Yes, honor these me. In my opinion the GREATEST Generation!

They gave all!

·
10,548 Posts
Rest in Peace my Fellow Countryman. Your Service will never be forgotten.
ETA: You likely helped my Grandfather survive, as he was in the Pacific Theatre for the entirety of his Service. He is 1/4 Native American himself.

·
In memory of Rokitdog
14,951 Posts
To all of our Native American friends who served our country. My very heartfelt thanks!

·
"Somebody Get a Rope"
1,187 Posts
I learn something everyday... I had thought that all of the CodeTalkers were Navajos from Arizona/New Mexico.

Back in the day I lived on the Navajo Reservation and rented a cabin from a veteren Code Talker.

It was quite the service they rendered to their country.

elgin

·
7,504 Posts
The code talkers weren't all one genetic group, just all speakers of the same language.

What's not often talked about is that languages spread some during the time that the youngsters of the various tribes were being taken from their homes and forced into BIA "schools" to force them to speak english, dress white, and learn to integrate with white society. Those kids wanted to hear familiar words, talk to others in their own language, and help the younger kids as they arrived.

They were taken from everything, and every physical thing they carried (toys, traditional clothing, etc) was taken from them - so they taught each other their languages. They taught each other their traditions. They did it in secret because they were punished when they were caught.

They held on to who they were very carefully, very secretly, and when warriors were needed they were still the brave people who knew who they were, and knew how to be warriors.

·
Grouchy Infidel
1,559 Posts
Maka' sito'maniyan uki'ye,
Oya'te uki'ye,
oya'te uki'ye,
Wan'bali oya'te wan hoshi'hi-ye lo,
Ate heye lo, ate heye lo,
Maka o'wancha'ya uki'ye,
Pte kin ukiye, pte kin ukiye,
Kanghi oya'te wan hoshi'hi-ye lo,
A'te he'ye lo, a'te he'ye lo.​