Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Immediate Future of the Anti-Gun Effort

I continue to be utterly amazed at how many people think Obama was LYING when he consistantly over more than a decade said he supports banning ALL Assualt Weapons and Handguns.

He, at least when it comes to this subject, WILL keep his word.

Look, Schumer, Hillary, Finestein, Pelosi, Boxer, along with a host of others WILL pass such bans and Obama WILL sign them into law.

Any so called " Blue Dog" Democrate from the slouth who votes against these bills will be punished.
How ?

First the Party leaders will not give money to any re-election campaigns.

Next, All committee chairmanships will be withheld or taken away from them.

thirdly, if necessary all efforts by those democrates who failed to obey the call to vote for any bills to get monetary benefit for their states will be blocked.

How will the voters in their states re-act to such losses of money in the financial crisis currently ongoing?

As for Republicans, if all of them voted against such bills in the House and Senate it wouldn't matter as the bills would still pass.

Now tell me again why something that Democrates have tried to do since the 1960's won't be done now that they have the guarrantee of the votes to do so ?

Reality Check time isn't it ????

Each week the financial crisis expands and worsens. Add to that any effort to go collect firearms and you have the makings of CW II.

Are Democrates foolish enough to include Registration then confiscation into any ban or as a separate law ?

YES !!!! The dis-arming of Americans has and will ALWAYS remain their ultimate objective.

Now at long last it is within reach.

·
high on truck stop coffee
17,697 Posts
NRA..big $$...

..this won't be an easy task,I can see much resistance...legal action from arms manufacturers,etc.Million man march on Washington,bottom line..??People want to own guns.The NRA wields a mighty sword with political foes.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look for these laws to be Fast Tracked at light speed.

Again I have to ask:

Just what obstacle is there to even slow them down ?

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Look for these laws to be Fast Tracked at light speed.

Again I have to ask:

Just what obstacle is there to even slow them down ?
The filibuster in the Senate, the Democraps don't have the 60+ to stop it..

·
Fideli Certa Merces
178 Posts
The Immediate Future of the Anti-Gun Effort

I continue to be utterly amazed at how many people think Obama was LYING when he consistantly over more than a decade said he supports banning ALL Assualt Weapons and Handguns.

He, at least when it comes to this subject, WILL keep his word.
I don't think he was lying, and I think he will give it his best shot.

Any so called " Blue Dog" Democrate from the slouth who votes against these bills will be punished.

How ?
I think you're right, but if they do vote for it, they will be punished by the voters next election.

First the Party leaders will not give money to any re-election campaigns.
If the people are against it, then it wont matter how much money they get for their re-election campaign - people wont vote for them.

Next, All committee chairmanships will be withheld or taken away from them.
Again - a moot point if they know that they wont be re-elected when their term is up. Get on a committee for a couple of years, then get voted out or maybe not get on a committee this time, but get re-elected and come back for another shot at it.

thirdly, if necessary all efforts by those democrates who failed to obey the call to vote for any bills to get monetary benefit for their states will be blocked.
If this happens, there will either be alot less democrats elected next cycle - or people are a TON stupider than I think they are (and I already think they're pretty far gone)

As for Republicans, if all of them voted against such bills in the House and Senate it wouldn't matter as the bills would still pass.
I've never once seen a contested bill go through either house with full support from the sponsoring side. It has probably happened, and someone may be able to point it out to me but typically they do not get every vote of their entire party on hotly contested issues.....Dem or Rep..... applies both ways.

Now tell me again why something that Democrates have tried to do since the 1960's won't be done now that they have the guarrantee of the votes to do so ?

Reality Check time isn't it ????

Each week the financial crisis expands and worsens. Add to that any effort to go collect firearms and you have the makings of CW II.

Are Democrates foolish enough to include Registration then confiscation into any ban or as a separate law ?

YES !!!! The dis-arming of Americans has and will ALWAYS remain their ultimate objective.

Now at long last it is within reach.

I don't doubt that they will do everything in their power to get some kind of gun regulation passed but it will be baby steps.

Please don't take this as me taking the point of view that it isn't a big deal - I think its despicable, and completely against the constitution. BUT I'm being realistic. They will do something, but it will start out small and slowly get tougher.

A total ban will bring revolt, and even if it didn't they would have to stop elections in order for it to be effective as the next election cycle they would lose on a massive scale.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
58 Posts
Let's not be so quick to forget... That the supreme court has just said that people have the right under the 2nd admendment the protect themselves, their family, and homes and that "a hand gun is the best way to do this", so hand guns are safe. Now assault rifles, ect. They will go after them.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not believe that the Dem Leadership will be stopped from pursuing this goal.

So even if dems lose in 2012 some seats the law is there and NO reversal will come for years IF at all.

Point blank the future is BLACK indeed.

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
With the amount of weaponry that is in the hands of Americans, disarmament is not a real possibility. I mean, our general poulation has absorbed the complete surplus military aresenals of entire COUNTRIES Czechoslovakia,Romania, Argentina ect....not to mention all of the civilian domestically produced stuff. I don't know if anyone has an accurate count, but it's way more than the UK or Austrailia had before they were disarmed. There could be restrictions on different things, but I don't think they'll be able to touch what we already have.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
let's not be so quick to forget... That the supreme court has just said that people have the right under the 2nd admendment the protect themselves, their family, and homes and that "a hand gun is the best way to do this", so hand guns are safe. Now assault rifles, ect. They will go after them.
it's more fun to quake in fear and hate.
gun ownership too ingrained in our culture for a big gun grab to occur.

·
6,686 Posts
Let's not be so quick to forget... That the supreme court has just said that people have the right under the 2nd admendment the protect themselves, their family, and homes and that "a hand gun is the best way to do this", so hand guns are safe. Now assault rifles, ect. They will go after them.
But they have a "common use clause" in DC vs Heller that states they can't ban "commonly used firearms" so the SCOTUS could overturn an "black gun" ban if enough people already own them b/c that would make it a "common" firearm.

·
6,686 Posts
Word is the NAU will be operative end of first quarter 2009
They'll have to have the cooperation of Texas to make it happen, they could throw the WHOLE thing off if they wanted to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Should be pretty easy really.

Start with a 90's era type ban that also includes registration. This alone will be enough for another Tim Mcveigh to do something stupid. Once he does, confiscation of "unreasonable" weapons from the populace.

Once all scary looking guns are out of our hands start in on hand-guns... Rinse and repeat until only bolt action hunting rifles remain in the hands of the populace.

When push comes to shove, perhaps 1 in 1,000 Americans will shove back on this issue. Are you really going to risk death or being imprisoned away from your family for the rest of your life over this? I have a 3 year old little girl, i'll definitely "resist" but it will be in very covert and underhanded ways. I would not consider open defiance or aggression.

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
Should be pretty easy really.

Start with a 90's era type ban that also includes registration. This alone will be enough for another Tim Mcveigh to do something stupid. Once he does, confiscation of "unreasonable" weapons from the populace.

Once all scary looking guns are out of our hands start in on hand-guns... Rinse and repeat until only bolt action hunting rifles remain in the hands of the populace.

When push comes to shove, perhaps 1 in 1,000 Americans will shove back on this issue. Are you really going to risk death or being imprisoned away from your family for the rest of your life over this? I have a 3 year old little girl, i'll definitely "resist" but it will be in very covert and underhanded ways. I would not consider open defiance or aggression.
I hear you. If it came down to me be being executed in front of my wife and kids, or handing over my arms and living "normally", I'd choose to continue being a father and husband. I hate to think it would ever come to that.....

·
Registered
428 Posts
and even if there was no supreme court ruling that gave gun owners support all the manufacturers would have to do is stop selling to the government all arms and ammunition like barrett did with their rifles in california. any barrett rifle in cali is no longer serviced or ammunition sold there by the company.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts