Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going to get all deep and philosophical or link some blood pressure raising story. Nope, this is straight and simple...

Here is the definition of Freedom: /ˈfrēdəm/ n. 1. the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

2. absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.

I listen to a radio show and every year one of the bits they do is "New Laws" which I'm sure a station near you does too because they all do it. After I heard them do the bit last week I started thinking "I never hear of laws removed only laws added". I'm sure a handle full of laws are removed from the books every year but it HAS to be dwarfed by the number of laws added. Sure we have the freedom to do "some" things and we certainly can't maintain a society with no laws.

So when is enough enough? Are we really free?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Read the passage in Atlas Shrugged about how the government has purposely passed so many laws you cannot get out of bed without violating several of them. The government guy explains that they don't want people to obey every law. They want people to violate them so the government will have an excuse to control you. There are so many default settings in place now that can trip you up and put you in the cross hairs of some government agency there is no way that any of us are actually free. Most of us walk through this minefield with no problem, but enough innocent people step on one of those government mines to serve as examples to the rest of us to watch our step.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.