Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just finished reading a few days ago. Its very good! Anyone else read it?
I read it from cover to cover in one afternoon, I believe that in 2015 we are going to have some more financial difficulties in this country, and therefore the world.

·
Mourn, but survive
616 Posts
I found the Jonathan Cahn version deeply moving

I have yet to accept the "mathematical precision" aspects of Mr. Cahn's historical interpretations and predictions. However, the "gist", "sum and substance", "essence" and fundamental themes appear prescient. The novel changed my world view and served to motivate me to study the Bible in the context of current events.

I will re-read the text in another couple of months. I first read it on my Kindle. I plan to buy a hard bound copy and underline and annotate it for my second reading.

I believe that even "non-believers" could benefit from Mr. Cahn's insights--even ignoring his claims of numeric correlations among historic events and future crises. This is a book worthy of study by any patriot, of any faith, or none at all!

Mr. Cahn has numerous "adherents" balanced by a number of outraged critics. The work requires a reader's sincere, "open minded" consideration, because unless you give the book a complete, start to finish, effort, just reading the diametrically opposing reviews is meaningless.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I stumbled onto ( Harbinger author) Jonathan Cahn on TV several weeks ago, and thought his theory was extremely compelling, in fact, I nearly started a thread here,myself.
The parallels he draws seem disturbingly sound,IMO. Whether or not they prove true remains to be seen (obviously), and without going out on any limbs, I personally feel that there's something to this.
If nothing major occurs between now and then, I'm definitely anticipating a major economic fall for the US towards late 2015.

·
prepared for life & death
2,473 Posts
Keep in mind it is fiction based around real events as Mr Cahn states. But I agree the parallels are all too real.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I liked the book, but felt that some of the signs he noted were stretching a little. I agree with his part about the Isaiah 9:10 judgement. Curious to see how it plays out, especially in the context of ancient Israel as a model of other nations' history. I have seen instances where the OT has predicted even recent history (the assassination of Yitzak Rabin is one example).

As far as judgement goes, you only need to look around to see that this country is being judged. Incompetent leaders, tyrants, criminals in positions of authority, extreme overreach into private lives- and most have been accepting it as a necessary evil in order to be safe. Yeah, it's judgement baby!

·
VERITAS AEQUITAS
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I came to the same conclusion. Sometime probably mid to late 2015 economic turmoil. But, then I thought the next warning maybe would come from weather related. Possible ( earthquakes, volcanoes ).

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Harbinger: Fact or Fiction?

For those who might be interested, The Harbinger: Fact or Fiction? is a book-length review and critique of The Harbinger and demonstrates that not everything presented in The Harbinger is as it appears.

Jonathan Cahn is obviously sincere, and his interpretation of events is compelling, but it's definitely not the whole story.

For those who wish to understand both sides of this matter, Fact or Fiction is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle format.

This is not an ad just to get another sale, it is a caution to heed the words of Proverbs, that the first one to present his case seems right until his brother comes to examine him.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have read the Harbinger and it's compelling, what was most remarkable to me was how our leaders stood on the floor of Congress and quoted Scripture that led Israel to their doom . . . for those who haven't read it, Congressional leaders quoted verses in Isaiah where Israel basically said, we don't need you God, we don't need to turn and repent from our wickedness, we'll just rebuild bigger and stronger and depend on our might instead of the power of God, which led to the Babylonian exile. And that is basically what we told God in this country.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts