Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do women always make men play the "guess whats wrong game" when they are mad about something instead of just saying what the problem is?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Because we want you to put down the remote control and focus on us long enough to know what's wrong. We want you to stop and think long enough to realize your own mistake. Telling you is just too easy. :D::D:
I mean, I don't know your woman so I'm really just guessing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Because....they hate us. They want us to suffer. They know were just brute hunter gatherers and want to mess with our singluarly focused tiny brains.

Actually, I used to do this to my girlfreind. It would drive her nuts. I always felt I was just doing my part to bring gender equality.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the problem with playing this game is after 5 minutes i don't care what the problem is anymore.:mad:

·
Banned
647 Posts
Why not just 'ask' her what the problem is. And then, tell her to just come out and tell you. "I'm not a mind reader". Give her your attention and if she doesn't respond in 5 minutes, or keeps up with the 'pi**y princess' act, just get up, have a nice stretch and a yawn, maybe glance at your watch and say, "Well, I've got ..... to finish up. See ya".

I like Bulldog's response, and I've used it myself, but in a gender reversal. Guys can act just like whiny, snively little females, also. I've no time for it...:).

Ls1, did your girlfriend learn to speak up after that:)

·
Registered
413 Posts
If I am upset about something and refuse to tell, it's usually because I am so angry or hurt that I don't trust myself to talk about it without saying something regrettable. So I just don't say anything. Unfortunately it is not the most effective communication method but sometimes it is the safest alternative.

I can't speak for your wife though. Have you tried asking her?

·
devil's advocate
162 Posts
Be...cause if it's so minor and petty that you can't figure it out, they feel embarrassed to even be mad about it, so they don't want to say it, but are for some reason still pissed?

I have no idea.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
When I worked for the FD, I was the only woman in the firehouse and got to listen to a lot of "me and my girlfriend" stuff. I worked with a great bunch of guys but most did not have a clue as to how a woman's mind works. We really are wired different.

If you can understand one thing, you are ahead of the game.
Women are always looking for evidence and validation of your love for us. If you don't take out the garbage, the problem is not that the garbage can in the kitchen is too full. It's that you don't love us enough to just do that one simple task.

If you forget our anniversary, the problem is not that you are really forgetful, it's that our love and our relationship does not mean as much to you as it does to us.

Now there are lots of other differences in the way we think, but if you understand this one thing, I swear it will simplify your life. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just apologize and bring home flowers. Whatever it is that is ticking her off is most definitely your fault anyway. And I doubt that you'd change your ways even if she does tell you how wrong you are. You know what, you better get some chocolates too. :p

·
Registered
327 Posts
why do women always make men play the "guess whats wrong game" when they are mad about something instead of just saying what the problem is?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
It is not for men to understand women. In the rare event a man actually figures out something about women, we gals reserve the right to change the rules in order to keep you guessing.

Now, did you honestly think we would let you in on our little secrets?:upsidedown:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
What? "Nothing" is "wrong". that is "fine." Why would anything be "wrong?"

On the bright side, when they are wrong and you are right, they will always answer with "Whatever."

·
Registered
679 Posts
I don't like the "whats wrong game" either. Are you sure she hasn't asked you a thousand times to take care of something, and now she's just sick to death of repeating herself to no avail?

What's wrong? The same sh*t that was wrong last week, and the month before, and the month before that.

If you brought flowers on occasion, it may be a saving grace, if you go out of your way to say.. fill the gas tank, or wash the car, or take out the trash without my asking – anything to take some of the workload off of me - we wouldn’t have a problem. But if you don’t care enough to put forth the effort, we do, and that’s how women view it:

"You don’t care enough” to spend 5 fu**ing minutes of your time to fill the gas tank for us. You’d rather skip-it and tell us “you need to get gas before work” than do it yourself. This pisses me off because I’d take the moment to set you up, I wouldn’t procrastinate and shove the job off on you. Do this type of thing all the time, and you will have resentment.

Women equate what you do outwardly with how much you care, or whether you are considering them ahead of time, and not as some afterthought.

We tend to think of our responsibility to family first, and we cannot understand how you must be asked every week to do the same task i.e. taking out the trash. You know it’s there, you know it needs to be done, so why do we have to ask every week, over and over again? We are, essentially, still responsible for making sure it gets done – the actual carrying-out it not so much the issue, the taking responsibility for the task is.

Do this with the small things:
Take responsibility for it, don’t make me have to remind you to see it done. Relieve me of having to even think about it, and allow me to trust and rely upon you to take care of it. I will feel as if I can trust my spouse, like I am not alone in the chores, and that you “have my back” – I can rest assured you are “handling it”. This is appreciated by women.

Take this a step further, and actually go out and start her car, de-ice it, and get it all warm and toasty for her before she leaves for work, or sweep the front porch before she gets home, or some other small thing that requires little effort, and you'll score big points in the “he cares about me” factor.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Both the stereotype of man and woman sounds like someone who is completely nuts...

Please please tell me all people aren't like that! :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Both the stereotype of man and woman sounds like someone who is completely nuts...

Please please tell me all people aren't like that! :)
I was just following with the generalization. The "guessing game" is common enough I'd say.

I personally am not "like that", I will most certainly tell ya what my issue is. My marriage ended due to small issues such as these building-up. Way I figure it, if I can't rely on my husband to take care of small things, and shoulder some responsibility now, then I certainly cannot rely upon him later. Gave it way too many years and much conversation.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
yes and no are perfectly good answers to the question that you ask ..the part i have never gotten about... the talk.....is that when you ask a question and you do not like the answer..you get mad at us for the answer,,after you say be honset.. i want the turth ..not the answer that you want to hear ..
ok ladies lets put the shoe on your foot not the mans ...
how about when he ask about the money and where it went ..why some of you ladies get this stuffing of the feet and change the subect to something else..
or when thinks he has done something wrong and a great full head of stream up and start in on him ...and then a few days later you found out he was telling the truth about where and what he was dureing that time after you done called everything but a mom son in the fight...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i have a pack with the girls ..if i do something to **** you off tell me right then and there do not wait five to six hours or when in the car to get all mad and dureing the your little show for the women of the world..
and belive me we had a few little fights over something that was supid after i told them i was going to be there before hand.,,

·
Registered
413 Posts
My dad does this. He stomps around the house getting more and more irritated, slamming doors and muttering under his breath. He doesn't say anything out loud, just grumps around like a storm cloud. Eventually mum will give up and ask him what the problem is to which he will reply that he can't find such and such, because somebody moved it.

Mum of course knows exactly where it is because she saw him using it that very morning, so she goes to get it and gives it to him.

At which point he grumps off, muttering 'Well how was I supposed to know it was there?'

Women aren't the only ones with exasperating behaviour.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts