Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fan of the Maglite. Have been since i was 12 and saw my Mums 6' 5" boyfriend take a 6D out of his Pajero to see off an angry motorist.

They're just made for hittin stuff and i reckon there is no finer non-lethal home and vehicle defensive weapon.

Now technology has come a long way since 1979 and for a little while there it looked like the end for the Maglite. They were slow to adopt LED bulb tech and the fashion became the ultrabright little pocket flashlights. Dont get me wrong i own little 345 lumen Nitecore and they are great for personal SD, but nothing says 'dont touch my stuff' like smack in the head with a big piece of black steel.

Maglite finaly woke up a while ago and started making LED versions of their flashlights and there are plenty of other companies making after market bulbs , switches and attachments nowadays too.

So to start the thread i'm gonna post a youtube destruction test done by some very naughty boys.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just so you know. Its not Non leathal. You can kill just as well with a maglight as with other pipes ect. They can do more damage then you might want. So be careful that way also.

·
Old Soldier
5,069 Posts
Maglites are an essential part of my gear hear at The Ol' Homestead. I have two - a 2 D cell and a 2AA cell Mini Maglite.
I have outfitted the big one with a zenon bulb and when the wife and I go out at night to put up the chickens and tend to the horses, that zenon bulb throws a tightly focused, bright white light 250+ feet. Perfect for sweeping the pasture and wood lines for beady little predator eyes. Easy to hold a double barrel shotgun in one hand, maglite in the other, and if need be I can (and have) grasp the forearm and light with the one hand and fire. Not sure if I could work a pumpgun that way, never tried. It can be used in conjunction with a pistol as well.
The Mini has been fitted with an LED and tail switch and I use that in the chicken enclosures.
I can hold in in my mouth and have both hands free for fastening latches, coop doors, gates, etc.
I'd be lost without my Maglites.

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
I am surprised the batteries didn't explode in the OP's video.

I used to carry a mag lite at work, but it made it difficult to chase someone on foot. Now it only goes with me on searches.

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am surprised the batteries didn't explode in the OP's video.

I used to carry a mag lite at work, but it made it difficult to chase someone on foot. Now it only goes with me on searches.
Yeah the big ones are a little heavy for carrying around day to day. Good for the car or next to the bed for those 'bumps in the night' though.

Say, you're a copper. Do you know of any good baton/flashlight defensive tactics vids you could post here? I've been looking for some on youtube that i saw years ago that were great, but cant find them now. Ray floro had a great one... gotta find it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts