Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK folks, I love a good conspiracy theory or or doom-and-gloom prediction like many of you. But too much can be, well, just TOO much at times. So, in the spirit of this being Sunday (at least in the western hemisphere) let's reserve this place for our GOOD news. A birth in our family, finding a job after being unemployed, the wonders of our gardens, the love in our spouse's eyes.

I hope that a MOD or two will keep a special watch here to eliminate any flames, criticisms and generally nasty comments.

OK, I'll lead the discussion with my 8-month-old grandson. He waved his hand and said "Ha" to me for the first time. My wife has been teaching him to say hi and to give kisses. This is the first time that I have been on the receiving end. What a joy. Nothing else seems that important after seeing Landon's smile.

The photos below were taken in my home office with my Mac web cam.

Attachments

·
Cold Water Kayaker
1,834 Posts
The good news for me is that I continue to be busy in the economic downturn when many in my field (I run a small carpentry business) are less fortunate. I fretted the entire Winter and prepared for dire consequences but I managed well enough. I'm essentially booked for the Summer so that is a good thing. And I'm healthy which always makes me happy. (Old though...can't do squat about that!)

·
Registered
741 Posts
My good news... grandson no longer needs diapers. 2 family members found work this week. My garden is going into today, and we started planning a camping trip for the near future. So things on the homfront at our home are looking positive.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
I´ve got plenty of good stuff...

My best friend and I were able to buy train tickets for $50 instead of the original asked price of $450 thanks to using the railroad company´s stupid cheapest-exactly-90-in-days-in-advance policy. It´s going to be ten lovely days in the far, far, far north...

I passed the exam in my hunters class with flying colors. Now all I have left is shooting and gun saftey but any idiot can do that, right? Wish me luck...

I got a raise last month. Not much, about $120, but it´s still money.

My blog, Swedens only survivalist/preparedness blog, is doing better by the month. I´ve got just over a hundred daily vists but Sweden is small country.

·
Iēsous
8,839 Posts
OK folks, I love a good conspiracy theory or or doom-and-gloom prediction like many of you. But too much can be, well, just TOO much at times. So, in the spirit of this being Sunday (at least in the western hemisphere) let's reserve this place for our GOOD news. A birth in our family, finding a job after being unemployed, the wonders of our gardens, the love in our spouse's eyes.

I hope that a MOD or two will keep a special watch here to eliminate any flames, criticisms and generally nasty comments.

OK, I'll lead the discussion with my 8-month-old grandson. He waved his hand and said "Ha" to me for the first time. My wife has been teaching him to say hi and to give kisses. This is the first time that I have been on the receiving end. What a joy. Nothing else seems that important after seeing Landon's smile.
My little girl climbs up on the dinner table [she just is 2] and looks at my

frightened and amazed face and says Good Job APU [Hungarian for daddy]

·
Banned
2,110 Posts
I was informed by my distributor that my book Avalon has sold in excess of 1,500 copies. That exceeds my expectations by at least 1,300 more than I thought I would sell. I figured most of my relatives would buy at least one copy and then my friends, but I was wrong. Anyway, thanks to all who have bought a copy, I appreciate it.

Caseyboy
Author of the novel
Avalon

A novel about the near end of the population on earth and about a group of Survivalists who weather the storms in comfort at Avalon.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
My little girl climbs up on the dinner table [she just is 2] and looks at my

frightened and amazed face and says Good Job APU [Hungarian for daddy]
That's probably the cutest thing I've heard! :D:

Good news for me is that I didn't have to go outside for the seventeenth of may celebrations here. (Hate the crowd.)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts