Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so tired of the left wing, liberal, progressive types, who beam with pride every time some inner city program for firearms "yields a wealth of turned-in AK-47s and Street Sweepers...."

Usually these "deadly weapons" are old rusty hulks and broken single shot shotguns that would do more harm to their firer as they blew up than to anyone else... Its simply a basic economic law... no one would turn in something of value for a $50 gift card...

There is no empirical evidence that such programs reduce crime in any way.

My suggestion would be to take the same funds and use them to provide basic firearms & CCW training to average citizens in need of such training and free of charge for women and those over age 65.

Such a course would start with the basics of firearm safety, selecting a proper handgun, basic marksmanship, the basics of concealed carry, and a primer on the laws regarding CCW & the use of deadly force...

Just a thought if we want to help reduce crime rates, particularly in cities...

Would probably be even more effective than Obama's Proposed Civilian Militia, "Armed and Trained Equally as well as the U.S. Military..."

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I say camp out and offer more for the weapons than the other guys offer - fix em up & sell em

1 - 2 of 2 Posts