Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Life is a gamble.

By the time I was 20, I had dated a lot and I had grown tired of all the different women. I began forming my longterm goals, and I would share my vision of my future with each girl I dated [after I had gotten some of course]. The idea of homesteading in the woods, gardening and raising livestock, was not a popular idea among ladies, in 1980.

Then one girl, when she heard my vision, said that she could see herself dedicating her life to achieving that goal. For the past 37 years, she has remained focused on us getting there.

The downside, she is very independent minded. She prefers for me to be away, living and working somewhere else.

When we were both 25 she suffered a spinal injury, that messed up some nerves, and basically ended our sex life. I am not well suited for celibacy. But she did nothing wrong, so I have no valid reason to divorce her. We have discussed divorce many times, it leads to her stressing which builds up to heart attacks. She has had five heart attacks, all from stress, mostly from dealing with me being upset over celibacy.

She is really good with Home Economics, she can feed a family from food that she forages. I can see where I would have never been able to save money and to build Net Worth like this without her.

The journey of life is a big gamble.

I think that I did really good in selecting her as my wife. But you never know what awaits around the next corner.
Didn't you think that her having the first heart attack-- because of your demand for sex or wanting to cheat on her-- was enough for you to stop pressuring her? But five? :(

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,852 Posts
Didn't you think that her having the first heart attack-- because of your demand for sex or wanting to cheat on her-- was enough for you to stop pressuring her? But five? :(
Would you have been okay at 25 to become celibate?

After her first heart attack, her heart was in a weakened state. She continued to work fulltime and was also under stress at work. Those heart attacks occurred at roughly 18 month intervals, as we worked with medical professionals and eventually a naturopath to find ways to prevent further heart attacks.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,266 Posts
There are other things than the conventional act. "Enabling Romance" is a pretty good book on the subject. With line drawings :eek:

I found very few answers to "how do we do this" after the accident, between the book and figuring things out on our own we figured something out. But asking just led to being treated like a pervert. I had one doctor literally run out of the room. Nurses got an attitude with me (I wasn't hurting him), etc.

The medical profession has a long way to go on this.

·
Premium Member
7,852 Posts
The best gauge I have found is the relationship a woman has with her Father. Second would be her parents relationship. Unfortunately, that automatically eliminates half the female population in the US.

There are plenty of good women out there. But in relationships you usually get what you deserve.

·
Super Moderator wearing a Cape
3,399 Posts
Have a warning label tattooed on your rape tool and make sure they read it. You could get very detailed with it if you have room.
A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name tattooed on his penis. Her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the penis was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y.

Shortly after the couple was married they were honeymooning in Jamaica the man was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man who also had a W Y on his penis. The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"

The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon. that says Welcome to Jamaica Have a Nice Day".

·
Registered
456 Posts
As a widow of nearly 5 yrs., I've been giving remarriage some serious thought, after a few seemingly decent men have indicated some interest recently. Temporary insanity, I guess. I can't imagine being married to someone who might turn out to be as resentful of women in general as many of the posters here appear to be.

Most of my friends are men, mainly retired military and LEOs. Friends they shall remain. :) I love having a man share my life but this thread has been a timely reminder of the many advantages of remaining single. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,732 Posts
I worked in the mountains at a ski area shop and new employees come and go .
Two guys were sharing stories of their exes and found that they had at one time married the same woman .
same issues .
One thing about a small town, secrets don't last long.
Believe me I have tried meeting women, but after each encounter I am reassured I'm safer single .

·
Semper Fi
9,192 Posts
As a widow of nearly 5 yrs., I've been giving remarriage some serious thought, after a few seemingly decent men have indicated some interest recently. Temporary insanity, I guess. I can't imagine being married to someone who might turn out to be as resentful of women in general as many of the posters here appear to be.

Most of my friends are men, mainly retired military and LEOs. Friends they shall remain. :) I love having a man share my life but this thread has been a timely reminder of the many advantages of remaining single. :thumb:
They are resentful of women because of the well documented facts of what happens to men in America when the relationships end, yet you put the onus on the men for feeling that way. Pretty much reinforces what they have been saying.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,266 Posts
Yet there are an abundance of women like me, who stay with a man who isn't able to throw her over his shoulder and carry her up the stairs. I have to do some VERY personal things he would rather handle himself, but can't. I am giving serious thought to getting him a hospital bed.

Some women not only take physical care of their husbands they also have a feeble mother in law, maybe an autistic kid in the mix. They are burned out and used up. Yet they stay and do their best to care for everyone even maxed out.

Some women give everything to their husband only to have him leave her when she hits menopause, for a younger woman who can give him "bonus" kids.

It isn't all one way. Men aren't the monsters and neither are the women. Maybe it is the type of woman you are attracted to? A woman without a strong moral code or religious faith. A cheap, "hot" slut is not going to stick around and feed you, wipe your butt after your stroke.

Since my posts 2 years ago my husband has gotten MUCH worse, to the point he is bedridden now. I am still glad I married him and committed to taking care of him.

·
Semper Fi
9,192 Posts
Yet there are an abundance of women like me, who stay with a man who isn't able to throw her over his shoulder and carry her up the stairs. I have to do some VERY personal things he would rather handle himself, but can't. I am giving serious thought to getting him a hospital bed.

Some women not only take physical care of their husbands they also have a feeble mother in law, maybe an autistic kid in the mix. They are burned out and used up. Yet they stay and do their best to care for everyone even maxed out.

Some women give everything to their husband only to have him leave her when she hits menopause, for a younger woman who can give him "bonus" kids.

It isn't all one way. Men aren't the monsters and neither are the women. Maybe it is the type of woman you are attracted to? A woman without a strong moral code or religious faith. A cheap, "hot" slut is not going to stick around and feed you, wipe your butt after your stroke.

Since my posts 2 years ago my husband has gotten MUCH worse, to the point he is bedridden now. I am still glad I married him and committed to taking care of him.
Yes not all women are bad just as not all husbands turn into dead beat dads. However the SYSTEM is set up to screw the man no matter who was at fault for the marriage/relationship going bad. In CA you can catch your wife in bed with the starting lineup of the Lakers and it is NOT grounds for divorce or held against the woman in court. And absent documented abuse/neglect of the kids (and sometimes not even then) the court will still take her side as far as alimony, custody and child support goes.

Also a lot of modern, "liberated" women want to still be having fun as a single woman (partying, multiple partners, etc) through their 30s and then expect a man to accept them as wife material at 40 to start a family. Where the kids now won't be out of the house until he is in his 60s.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,659 Posts
AN ANECDOTE..

When I was in drug work we used to do different intervention/interdiction exercises at public transportation hubs, Bus stations, train stations, airports. Look for likely people and just stop and interview them (yes, there are likely people running drugs)
anyway,
at a Greyhound bus station...
I got talking to this one white guy, chip on shoulder, a little beaten down, looking like he was fresh out.. in fact he was so fresh out of prison he had been out less than 24 hours and was taking a bus down state to a relatives house. I looked at his parole papers. 12 years, manslaughter charge, killed his wife. As I got done doing my processing, I gave him his papers back and asked him "If you knew then what you know now, what would you have done different?" He looked me right in the eyes and said "NOTHING...it was the best fn thing I have ever done in my life."

Reactions: Veloster

·
Golfer
4,353 Posts
According to a 2017 YouGov poll, 1 in 4 men and 1 in 10 women would consider having sex with a robot. Approximately 50% of adults surveyed believed it was important the robot resemble a human. Interesting! but kind of disturbing

·
3,123 Posts
According to a 2017 YouGov poll, 1 in 4 men and 1 in 10 women would consider having sex with a robot. Approximately 50% of adults surveyed believed it was important the robot resemble a human. Interesting! but kind of disturbing
Hell! I think if Cherry 2000 was real I'd go for that instead of a real woman the way they are now in a heart beat!

101 - 120 of 133 Posts