Discussion Starter #1
Myth: There are no transitional fossils

Evidence of evolution in the human genome

Irreducible Complexity debunked

Interested in hearing more? Here's the complete lecture

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Ugh! How many freakin new threads are you guys going to post on this??????????? Add to your old threads instead of starting a brand new one. We have about 5 threads going on Creationism, Intelligent Design, Evolution, etc....

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Don't make me throw things at you. Not in the mood tonight. I've got a speech to write and I have only 2 days left. Procrastination....These boards are too distracting!

I rarely get involved in the evolution/intelligent design threads because they are not really an area that I find all that intriguing to argue. Not my expertise. Not that I don't understand, I just choose to not get involved. There are plenty of my brothers (and probably sisters) on this forum who could argue my point more eloquently than I could on this issue.

I still say stop making new threads on this issue. If you aren't getting what you are looking for in the other billions of threads on it, you likely aren't going to get it by starting a new thread. Add new info to an old thread and you'll get people to look at it. If they don't respond, it is because they have nothing new to say on the issue.

Reactions: blue123

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ActionJackson invited me to discuss the evidence with him in another thread, and then he mysteriously left that thread. So I started a new one, and I'm still waiting for him to show up.

Something tells me it's going to be a long wait...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Don't make me throw things at you. Not in the mood tonight. I've got a speech to write and I have only 2 days left. Procrastination....These boards are too distracting!
I agree got work due and I'm talking on here all here all the time.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I see the evidence that there is a force guiding us to this point in our lives I see it as guided evolution. Of course I don't believe the Bible is 100% truth I see it as a guide book to life but it has to be read carefully to remove the extra stuff added by the old men who wished to remain in power and control the younger generation and those pesky females. (tongue in cheek on that one). The way I chose to see it God gave a story to a group of people to believe in so that they could understand it. His way of doing things is not for me to understand but the way that systems interact is amazing. To get to where we are is amazing from nothing more then a bunch of chemicals to full blown humans. My way of looking at it does not require I ignore science or ignore the supernatural. :D:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Ugh! How many freakin new threads are you guys going to post on this??????????? Add to your old threads instead of starting a brand new one. We have about 5 threads going on Creationism, Intelligent Design, Evolution, etc....
THC has a tendancy to skew ones sense of timing and his ability to use common sense. To think that these same sorts are driving the freeways every day. I'm not as concerned about an economic collapse or a natural disaster as I am trying to survive in a world of drugged up _________ (fill in the blank).

Reactions: thewall

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I see the evidence that there is a force guiding us to this point in our lives I see it as guided evolution. Of course I don't believe the Bible is 100% truth I see it as a guide book to life but it has to be read carefully to remove the extra stuff added by the old men who wished to remain in power and control the younger generation and those pesky females. (tongue in cheek on that one). The way I chose to see it God gave a story to a group of people to believe in so that they could understand it. His way of doing things is not for me to understand but the way that systems interact is amazing. To get to where we are is amazing from nothing more then a bunch of chemicals to full blown humans. My way of looking at it does not require I ignore science or ignore the supernatural. :D:
Compboy. Please give me an example of some of the made up stuff or stuff added by old men. Just give me 5 made up things please.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Four video clips talking about a "trial" that nobody knows about except for the speaker. I remember recently a trial where this dude named OJ Simpson was being tried for a double homocide. The entire world knew that he was guilty but his black peers determined that he was innocent. He was set free by that court but found guilty in a civil court. Just because some pro-evolution muckety duck claims that "intelligent design has fallen apart" in the most emphatic tone of voice he can muster does not mean that intelligent design has "unraveled." That's utter nonsense but, then, what can we expect from the flamer committee.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
ActionJackson invited me to discuss the evidence with him in another thread, and then he mysteriously left that thread. So I started a new one, and I'm still waiting for him to show up.

Something tells me it's going to be a long wait...
As I recall, I asked for specific pictures of the transitional fossil record. A similar jaw type won't due. I want to see from start to finish a fossil record of one form of animal morphing over millions of years into another. If you can't provide that...I understand. You wouldn't be the first and you won't be the last.

By the way, that "evolution" thread is probably already on page two considering the amount of "evolution" threads created each hour.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Compboy. Please give me an example of some of the made up stuff or stuff added by old men. Just give me 5 made up things please.
You know the minute I post that you'll refute it because it's in the bible :D:. Simple put there are several laws which seem pretty useful for men particularly the laws regarding divorce, Men get a divorce far to easy. There are several instances where in men are given control over woman within the bible again supporting the men left in charge. I'll look up the ones I am thinking of in the morning.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
You know the minute I post that you'll refute it because it's in the bible :D:. Simple put there are several laws which seem pretty useful for men particularly the laws regarding divorce, Men get a divorce far to easy. There are several instances where in men are given control over woman within the bible again supporting the men left in charge. I'll look up the ones I am thinking of in the morning.
That would be great. Thank you.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
This says enough.

"Darwin is liked by evolutionists because he liberated science from the straitjacket of observation and opened the door to storytellers. This gave professional evolutionists job security so they can wander through biology labs as if they belong there." ~ David Coppedge, Speaking of Science, Creation Matters, May/June 2003

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html :eek:

http://www.tanbooks.com/doct/evolution_hoax.htm :eek:

http://www.gosai.com/science/darwin-debunked.html :eek:
Thanks for the post, thewall. The theory of evolution is and has been dying for some time and the community has become frantic and frenzied in an attempt to keep their fictional story alive. Similar, you might say, to a popular daytime soap coming to an end. Could you imagine what might happen if General Hospital was cancelled? The emotions and tears would flow.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
No surprise, the creationists aren't even trying to discuss the evidence.
Your "evidence" is some man I've never heard of talking about the results of a "trial" that only he seems to know anything about. To discuss this thread fairly, I need to know the details of this "trial." Who was on trial? What was on trial? I need to see the evidence presented by both sides before I can begin to "discuss" anything.

Here's an example. Me speaking: "The trial clearly shows that the theory of evolution is dead because that's how I see it." Are you convinced Ihatebugs?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your "evidence" is some man I've never heard of talking about the results of a "trial" that only he seems to know anything about. To discuss this thread fairly, I need to know the details of this "trial." Who was on trial? What was on trial? I need to see the evidence presented by both sides before I can begin to "discuss" anything.

Here's an example. Me speaking: "The trial clearly shows that the theory of evolution is dead because that's how I see it." Are you convinced Ihatebugs?
You would already know this had you actually watched all the videos. His name is Ken Miller. He's a cell biologist and a teacher at Brown University. He was called to testify at the Dover Trial because of his professional qualifications.

But all that is irrelevant. Regardless of who he is, the videos present specific evidence for evolution, and it's the evidence you supposedly wanted to discuss. But if all of your "knowledge" comes from reading Chick Tracts, then I guess it's going to be a short discussion, because you really don't have a clue about science.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
You would already know this had you actually watched all the videos. His name is Ken Miller. He's a cell biologist and a teacher at Brown University. He was called to testify at the Dover Trial because of his professional qualifications.

But all that is irrelevant. Regardless of who he is, the videos present specific evidence for evolution, and it's the evidence you supposedly wanted to discuss. But if all of your "knowledge" comes from reading Chick Tracts, then I guess it's going to be a short discussion, because you really don't have a clue about science.
I doubt that you are actually a scientist else you wouldn't feel a pressing need to cut and paste your beliefs. The Dover trial actually proved the veracity of Intelligent Design. I had a feeling your spokeman was discussing this trial. Pretty lobsided witness list but the theory of evolution was not proven.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts