Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our cats has been missing for 12 days, and I had given up hope today,when Farmer called out she had come home.
She is a keen ratter and rabbiter and very affectionate,always jumping on my back and nestling into my neck whilst I hang out washing or doing farm chores.We thought the eagle flying around lately might have had her, or a neighbour, because she looks like a rabbit in the paddock.
Well,Ruthee is back looking very bony, very scared and very hungry.She was so happy to see us, yet so forlorn looking.
Our girls arent home till tomorrow, and i could tell she wanted our youngest daughter whom she adores.
Anyway, l she sat with us at dinner,followed us everywhere all night and has finally rested her weary bones near the fire and is asleep. I dont think she would have lasted another two days.
All is well that ends well.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Good news she is home:):):thumb:

I've had them go off for a couple weeks, where I thought coyotes had gotten them. Everyone here is spayed and neutered, but I have a couple boys who still wander. The girls never do.

Now during winter, everyone is staying home:) Much better.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We spayed her highlander, a month before she went missing, thankfully.I was concerned I had. spent 15o dollars for nothing, but now she is home.
She would not leave us last night and Farmer does not like cat hairs on our bed, so I slept i the loungeroom by the fire with her.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
My in laws had a cat take off and come back like a year later..

My dog ran away when I was a kid around 1978 or so and I'm still hoping someday he'll come back..
I think your dog is with my cat in Samoa living in sin. Would you please speak to your dog, Ford, about doing the right thing and make an honest cat out of her?

Honestly...the neighbors are beginning to talk!

·
Banned
647 Posts
We spayed her highlander, a month before she went missing, thankfully.I was concerned I had. spent 15o dollars for nothing, but now she is home.
She would not leave us last night and Farmer does not like cat hairs on our bed, so I slept i the loungeroom by the fire with her.

Awww, you are a good catmommy:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts