Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I uploaded a picture. If not ill fix it. I have looked at these off and on for years. I could never bring my self to buy one due to the crazy prices many want for them, as well as the fact they would typically be converted crap. I came across one that I could get for a price or trade that I found acceptable. Not to much to say that a regular 110 review wouldn't cover. Its just an auto. Compared to other autos, this one doesn't feel like complete over priced trash. When you hit the button the blade swings out slowly, but deliberately and locks up with authority. Its speeds up alittle, but not much. In my mind this is a perfect 110.

Attachments

·
reluctant sinner
16,965 Posts
I had a Buck 110, was really heavy and not all that wonderful steel IMHO. I bought a Puma TrailBoss far better knife. Have had since 1975. Still tight and sharp. This one is fancier than mine. I can open it easily with one hand.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I think I uploaded a picture. If not ill fix it. I have looked at these off and on for years. I could never bring my self to buy one due to the crazy prices many want for them, as well as the fact they would typically be converted crap. I came across one that I could get for a price or trade that I found acceptable. Not to much to say that a regular 110 review wouldn't cover. Its just an auto. Compared to other autos, this one doesn't feel like complete over priced trash. When you hit the button the blade swings out slowly, but deliberately and locks up with authority. Its speeds up alittle, but not much. In my mind this is a perfect 110.
I like the one with the g10 handles, s30v steel and chrome as opposed to brass bolster.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a Buck 110, was really heavy and not all that wonderful steel IMHO. I bought a Puma TrailBoss far better knife. Have had since 1975. Still tight and sharp. This one is fancier than mine. I can open it easily with one hand.

Weight isn't an issue for me unless its in pounds. The Puma knives are pretty good. I like them, but due to their cost I tend not to beat on them like I would a 110. I can also typically grab a 110 for 49.99 at walmart. If I had a complaint about the 110 and folders of that type it would be the skinniness of the grip. I like the size of the knife. Its also why I EDC a RAT 3.

·
Registered
34,349 Posts
Weight isn't an issue for me unless its in pounds. The Puma knives are pretty good. I like them, but due to their cost I tend not to beat on them like I would a 110. I can also typically grab a 110 for 49.99 at walmart. If I had a complaint about the 110 and folders of that type it would be the skinniness of the grip. I like the size of the knife. Its also why I EDC a RAT 3.
$20 in a pawn shop.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,142 Posts
I recently got into auto openers.

I have two types and would recommend both. I researched these heavily before buying and the reviews were all strong and I would agree.

These are affordable ways to get a quality auto opener for yourself or a gift for a blade enthusiast.

The coolest looking/design are my set of Kalishnakovs. About $50, very high quality, and absolutely worth the price. https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Boker-Kalashnikov--249

I bought many of them!

I also picked up two, I liked them so much, Schrade Viper which is about $40. It's a high quality knife, and very attractive. My only complaint is that the design forces the handle to be disproportionately large to the blade.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021495185?pid=269315

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Love my Buck 110 and 112. Both fire quickly and with authority, almost as strong as my Microtech/Protech's. (Factory autos).
The 110 rides well in its sheath on my hip. I have the G10 with nickel boosters.
I would highly recommend if an auto is legal in your area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts