Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The British two step.........did we go to war on the word of a taxi driver?

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/decl...i-driver-source-for-key-saddam-wmd-claim.aspx

It sounds like a bad joke but it may be a true story: one of the most sensational claims made by the British government in the run-up to the Iraq War about Saddam Hussein’s supposed weapons of mass destruction may have come from an Iraqi taxi driver based on a conversation he overheard from passengers in his backseat two years earlier.

Among the most eye-grabbing of those claims came in an official British government “ white paper” released in late September 2002 after Blair had returned from a meeting at Camp David with George W. Bush and Vice President **** Cheney claiming Saddam had chemical or biological weapons that could be deployed “within 45 minutes of an order to use them.” Blair said this, and other claims in the white paper based on secret intelligence, demonstrated that Saddam was a “current and serious threat to the U.K. national interest.”

“Brits 45 Mins from Doom” screamed the headline in The Sun, Britain’s largest-selling daily newspaper, after the white paper was released.

But according to Holloway, the 45 minute claim should have been regarded as questionable from the outset. According to Holloway’s paper, the claim “had originated from an émigré taxi driver on the Iraqi-Jordanian border, who had remembered an overheard … conversation in the back of his cab a full two years earlier.” According to the MP, in a footnote to the original intelligence report, a U.K. intelligence analyst had “flagged up” that specific portion of the report, which supposedly related to the readiness of Iraqi missiles, as “demonstrably untrue.” It was provably false, Holloway says, because the missiles in question, according to the MP’s information, “did not exist …The footnote said it in black and white ink.” According to Holloway, while “the truth of the matter was that the intelligence services simply did not know whether Saddam Hussein had WMD, it was equally probable that he was bluffing to maintain a credible threat against Iran.” But Holloway says a senior U.K.intelligence official told him: “There was no appetite in government to hear that.”

Some of these investigations should be going on in this country.

·
Not On My Watch
630 Posts
Hey...I think that same guy was my driver the other day..I sure hope he didn't hear me talking about Obama and his mama.:eek:

Drivel

·
VA / NC
12,688 Posts
The samples are organised around several important categories, such as Arabization of the Kurdish areas, a policy with many roots in the 1960s; policy towards prohibited areas created prior to the major operations of 1987-1989; destruction of thousands of Kurdish villages and a dozen of towns; chemical attacks against the Kurdish civilians; the administrative framework of the most important campaign called Anfal by the regime itself, from March 1987 to April 1989; the Anfal campaign, lasted officially from 23 February to 6 September, 1988; the war over Kuwait and the subsequent domestic uprisings; and last category as other documents of interests

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/kurdish/htdocs/his/Khaledtext.html

Yep some do not believe the Nazis killed Jews either. Do you consider gas as being a standard everyday weapon?

·
Registered
33,099 Posts
Sounds like more Politics of "Distraction" to me!

I'm more concerned with Obama's exploding unemployment rate & bankrupting our Nation!

a) Tripling the deficit
b) taking a 7.1% unemployment rate to over 10%
c) wasting 787 Billion on political pay-offs
d) spending trillions on a health care take over that most are against
e) wanting to tax American families for turning on the lights in their homes

Maybe that's just me...

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It could be used as proof that Saddam possessed and would use WMD, no? Whoops?
but that would be backpedaling and whitewashing. Exusing bad intel and lying.

·
Registered
33,099 Posts
It could be used as proof that Saddam possessed and would use WMD, no? Whoops?
Of course Saddam had WMD's, he used them on his own neighbors, over 100 nations said he did including 132 ex-Iraqi scientist.

Even our NOW Secretary of State: Hillary Clinton said he did

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like more Politics of "Distraction" to me!

I'm more concerned with Obama's exploding unemployment rate & bankrupting our Nation!

a) Tripling the deficit
b) taking a 7.1% unemployment rate to over 10%
c) wasting 787 Billion on political pay-offs
d) spending trillions on a health care take over that most are against
e) wanting to tax American families for turning on the lights in their homes

Maybe that's just me...

yeah distracting.

like going into a thread about newly declassified info and whining about the collapsed economy obama inherited.
that's rich.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course Saddam had WMD's, he used them on his own neighbors, over 100 nations said he did including 132 ex-Iraqi scientist.

Even our NOW Secretary of State: Hillary Clinton said he did
because the CIA lied to her. gee bud.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohoooooooooo...she was lied to by the bad guys:rofl::rofl:
that's the truth. we were all lied to about the non existent WMD's.
instead of admitting it, why would you try to spin it to the gassing that was never mentioned as a reason to go to war?

·
Registered
33,099 Posts
yeah distracting.

like going into a thread about newly declassified info and whining about the collapsed economy obama inherited.
that's rich.
He inherited a 7.1% unemployment rate......Obama expoded it to over 10%
(in 11 Months)

Obama's Heritage includes:

Democratically Controlled:

Senate..................since Fall 2006
The House..............since Fall 2006
Majority of Governors...since 2001
Majority of State Houses...since 2000

Looks like all the players were there.............

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He inherited a 7.1% unemployment rate......Obama expoded it to over 10%
(in 11 Months)

Obama's Heritage includes:

Democratically Controlled:

Senate..................since Fall 2006
The House..............since Fall 2006
Majority of Governors...since 2001
Majority of State Houses...since 2000

Looks like all the players were there.............
you're blaming obama for the makeup of the house and senate?
quit the partisan nonsense.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this thread isn't about unemployment. Changing the subject like that would be the dreaded "distraction politics" that Ohioman says he hates.

The British two step.........did we go to war on the word of a taxi driver?

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/decla...wmd-claim.aspx

It sounds like a bad joke but it may be a true story: one of the most sensational claims made by the British government in the run-up to the Iraq War about Saddam Hussein’s supposed weapons of mass destruction may have come from an Iraqi taxi driver based on a conversation he overheard from passengers in his backseat two years earlier.

Among the most eye-grabbing of those claims came in an official British government “ white paper” released in late September 2002 after Blair had returned from a meeting at Camp David with George W. Bush and Vice President **** Cheney claiming Saddam had chemical or biological weapons that could be deployed “within 45 minutes of an order to use them.” Blair said this, and other claims in the white paper based on secret intelligence, demonstrated that Saddam was a “current and serious threat to the U.K. national interest.”

“Brits 45 Mins from Doom” screamed the headline in The Sun, Britain’s largest-selling daily newspaper, after the white paper was released.

But according to Holloway, the 45 minute claim should have been regarded as questionable from the outset. According to Holloway’s paper, the claim “had originated from an émigré taxi driver on the Iraqi-Jordanian border, who had remembered an overheard … conversation in the back of his cab a full two years earlier.” According to the MP, in a footnote to the original intelligence report, a U.K. intelligence analyst had “flagged up” that specific portion of the report, which supposedly related to the readiness of Iraqi missiles, as “demonstrably untrue.” It was provably false, Holloway says, because the missiles in question, according to the MP’s information, “did not exist …The footnote said it in black and white ink.” According to Holloway, while “the truth of the matter was that the intelligence services simply did not know whether Saddam Hussein had WMD, it was equally probable that he was bluffing to maintain a credible threat against Iran.” But Holloway says a senior U.K.intelligence official told him: “There was no appetite in government to hear that.”

Some of these investigations should be going on in this country.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts