Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a copy of a email that i got, makes sense to me.

Hi All,

I’m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonifide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage, housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans, what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college, it'll be there
Save in a bank, create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car, create jobs
Invest in the market , capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance, health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean, or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 (vote buy) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can never work. Maybe???

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Pass it on!!

·
I am whatever I say I am
1,308 Posts
Sounds great, except most people will spend this money "upgrading" themselves to McMansions and Lamborginis. And inflation would ran amok, with people getting this kind of a windfall out of nowhere. Most will end up broke, just look at statistics for lottery winners (most of them end up back in the same trailer where they started). Most people cannot be trusted with money, especially THAT kind of money.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You are also forgetting that this bail out money does not exist either!! WE the PEOPLE are the dolts who will be paying it back for GENERATIONS!!! this money DOES NOT EXIST!! The government in essence, is getting a BIG ASS LOAN, and WE ARE THE CO-SIGNERS!!!!!!!

WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!

MadMike

·
Simple Man
428 Posts
Sounds great, except most people will spend this money "upgrading" themselves to McMansions and Lamborginis. And inflation would ran amok, with people getting this kind of a windfall out of nowhere. Most will end up broke, just look at statistics for lottery winners (most of them end up back in the same trailer where they started). Most people cannot be trusted with money, especially THAT kind of money.
So, they go out and spend it all and we get a boost to our economy. I'm not seeing the downside here.

I like it, to bad the morons in Congress and the White House would never think of it.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
the current amount of the bailout i've heard is $85 Trillion.
So it does work out, his numbers were off by a bit.
I'd vote / sign a petition for this version of a bailout,
Rather than give the money to people who already have
$billions on top of $billions of $$$$$.
J

·
Registered
305 Posts
on top of of $$$$$.
J
AIG's bailout is 85 billion. The massive bailout in DC right now is 700 billion.

All of them together right now are approaching 1 Trillion.

·
"Survivalist since Birth"
551 Posts
Why not just put a hold on the space program and freeze all foreign aid for 5 years. Save a bunch of money that way.
Easy because then the nations we give aid to ( ya know the ones that are dependent upon us to exist but continue to bitch about us and badmouth Americans as a whole) would have an uprising. Rather ironic how they can badmouth us and hold a negative slant towards all Americans but then if we would even touch their charity fund we are the *******s.

Thats how it always is with foreign aid. When all the other countries in the world donate 2 Bil towards a disaster and thats ALL of them combined we are the greedy bastards holding out when we donate only 1.8 Bil. And yes...that actually happened.

·
Registered
571 Posts
85,000,000,000/200,000,000=425

Fail.
Yep, I did the math before I read any further. These chain emails get the math wrong, often by design. When I see a glaring mistake like that I know the rest of the content is also likely suspect.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Even if the math were correct - and we've already covered that - what would the dollar be worth if every American adult were given 400k? How high would rent go? What would the price of gas or the price of bread be? Instant hyper inflation.

·
Registered
317 Posts
on top of of $$$$$.
J
hahaha

yes the bailout is going to be almost 9 times our national debt which is already alarmingly high...

·
Registered
195 Posts
The U.S. National Debt Clock - http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
Currently, it's just under $9.8 trillion. Each man, woman and child in the U.S. would need $32,000 to pay it off. I heard the other day that over $2 trillion is owned by China. The rest is owned by U.S. citizens and other countries.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I agree with the NASA thought 10 billion a month or so. Is DUNB!!!!!!!!
We have not found much. I think a suspention on these funds and adding this back to the econnomy/and debt. Would help with this issue.

Thats roughly 120,000,000.00 a YEAR!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
The U.S. National Debt Clock - http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
Currently, it's just under $9.8 trillion. Each man, woman and child in the U.S. would need $32,000 to pay it off. I heard the other day that over $2 trillion is owned by China. The rest is owned by U.S. citizens and other countries.
Japan actually holds a little more of our debt than China does according to this website.

http://www.ustreas.gov/tic/mfh.txt

As of July 2008,

Japan - 593.4 Billion

China - 518.7 Billion

These are just the numbers from the Treasury for Treasury Securities though so there may be other debt involved in some calculations.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
85,000,000,000/200,000,000=425

Fail.
I posted this same email this morning, different title, in general discussion next to religious topics. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to do the math.

For a forum of people who style themselves as skeptical independent thinkers, not to be fooled by the media, scornful of "the sheeple", I sure see a lot of people here who are ready to believe anything. They dont bother to apply any critical thinking skills. Lo here, and, lo there.

We've got one guy passionately sure there are still dinosaurs mucking about because there have been "sightings" reported in tabloids. We got another convinced that a video from The Onion posted yesterday was real and a sign of the New World Order. Well, true, those are two of the most gullible and unsophisticated members we have, but still...

It looked like a lot of people were taken in by the Onion video, which wasnt even a hoax, its a satire. And by this ridiculous "plan".

We keep seeing postings with titles like "wake up, people!". Still applies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts