Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that many here shop walmart and they do have food and a decent camping/hunting section, but what about the big box home improvement stores. I was in home depot today and came across a couple of things that caught my eye. The first was the variety of crowbars and breaker bars that they have. I have been looking to add one to my bug out or my car tool kit but weight is a factor, but they do have a nice selection for under 30 dollars. Second is some of their tool bags under their own brand name. They have one that is 20 dollars that is VERY heavy duty with many different outer pockets with flaps and a heavy duty shoulder strap...it would make a nice addition to a bugout system, maybe use it for the to go tool bag or for handgun and ammo, it was very nice. I have also bought mechanic gloves, mason string(for under 3 dollars, very heavy duty) for my bug out bag, things I thought were decent deals. Has anyone bought any of your gear from hd or lowes, and if so do you care to share? They had a great little stubby tool set for a tool bugout bag for 15 or 20 dollars that I thought had a great assortment of "usable" items in there(many time these kits come with a zillion allen wrenches, or too small of sockets and are really a waste of money.

·
Banned
59 Posts
picked up some led mag lights on Friday for 14 bucks each. one thing I never can shake is the fact I keep believing wal-mart and lowes have a lot in common, possibly being the same company. am I the only one who notices the color schemes of uniforms and store colors being eerie similar?

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
picked up some led mag lights on Friday for 14 bucks each. one thing I never can shake is the fact I keep believing wal-mart and lowes have a lot in common, possibly being the same company. am I the only one who notices the color schemes of uniforms and store colors being eerie similar?
You will be assimilated, resistance is futile, join us.

Seriously though, when I did home construction, I used their tools heavily. They are rugged and dependable. One useful tool you might look into is a straight claw framing hammer with a 22 oz head. I sharpened the claws with a file when I framed, and I could chop through a 2 x 4 with about 3 hits with it.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
(quote) "You will be assimilated, resistance is futile,"

LOL !!! Whenever we drive by the gigantic Wal-Mart distribution center in LaGrange,Ga. and someone asks what all that is,I always say,"it's a Wal-Mart mothership,resistance is futile,you will be assimilated"!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry to say Coeus but walmart and lowes it is two different companys the reason you see them together is because of customer draw you will also see tractor supplys next to them also but that is not the big question here lowes has on sale till tomorrow a 2d or 3d led flashlight for 14.95 great deal the other thing i try to stock up on is rope and chain i always look for it when it goes non stock with a yellow tag and buy it cheap

·
Registered
9 Posts
Menards has some great full rebate deals and occasional freebie promotions. I don't usually find too many bargains at Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, or Sear's Hardware. The local independent hardware stores are usually the best places to get good deals on big purchases since they are more willing to haggle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts