Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
We are outside as much as possible. My kids are wild things, they have grown up on large acreage, and don’t know any different. We homeschool, they don’t have video games or tablets or phones. Living in Texas, our winters are mild enough that we can still be outside most of the year. I need space around me, and sunlight, or I feel the anxiety rise.

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
The sun helps our bodies make vitamin D , so if you are sick that is probably a good indicator you lack sunlight. People with high levels of D did not suffer the same as the rest with coved.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
1,197 Posts
I know I feel better if I get up and go outside. The problem, other than clothes, is having the desire to get up. I have allowed myself to get so "burned out on life in general" that I just don't have it in me to get up and get outside.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
They also have done studies on animals, birds specifically, that states that if a bird is raised until adulthood inside most will not want to go outside when the option is given. That’s how they can say eggs and birds are “free range”. They open a small door at one end of the barn and only a few brave birds will go out. They are typically bigger and stronger as they continue to use the outdoor enclosed area.

I don’t have much indoor recreation. Yesterday my “fun” was milling a Cherry log and two oak logs. Today was mild. We got a Christmas tree. I try to teach them identifiers of the different species and what things they are superior at. Even if it’s just a good deal for a Christmas tree. (Concolor use to be a great deal but around here they are as pricy as fraiser). Kids love being outside and have even taught my parents dog how to climb logs. They all climb up on 10’ piles of logs. Dog likes it because she can see longer distances.

·
I am interrogative, yes.
2,288 Posts
We're in the process of building our chicken coop and we're making sure the hens can freely come and go from the hen house (no pop door; the entire run is enclosed) and get as much fresh air and sunshine as they want.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts