Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Didn't see the race but pretty cool!!! Trump is a master at good campaigning. Instead of pestering everyone with insane memes and ridiculous ads like Bloomberg, he's actually appealing to "The People" and having some fun along the way.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what the "beast" will top out at?.
Probably not too fast

Still nicknamed "the Beast"[9] (as established with the 2001–2009 model),[2] the current model debuted with a presidential trip to New York City on September 24, 2018. Road & Track reported that "the design appears to be a simple evolution of the old model with more current Cadillac design cues, like an Escalade sedan." At the time, Road & Track was only able to report that the state car was "massive and tall", and weighs between 15,000–20,000 pounds (6,800–9,100 kg).[12] NBC News reported a weight of 20,000 pounds, the capacity to seat seven, and opined that the limousine was intended to evoke the aesthetic of the Cadillac XT6.[9] Business Insider reported in 2019 that the Beast is actually built upon a GM truck chassis.[13]

In addition to defensive measures designed to protect the president, this state car also has stores of blood in the president's type for medical emergencies. The car is hermetically sealed against fluid attacks, and features run-flat tires, night-vision devices, smoke screens, and oil slicks as defensive measures against attackers. NBC reported that the car features armor made of aluminum, ceramic, and steel; the exterior walls have a thickness of eight inches (200 mm), the windows are multi-layered and five inches (130 mm) thick, and each door—believed to weigh as much as those on the Boeing 757—can electrify its handles to prevent entry.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_state_car_(United_States)

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
Something only people who have actually run on those big ovals know is even at a sedate 120MPH (all the faster my vintage race bike would go) they are bumpy. After my experiences at Pocono, I had a lot more respect for NASCAR engineers and drivers.

Considering how much that thing weighs, getting up on the banking would push the tires it has awfully hard.

·
Start up the rotors
7,655 Posts
I'd bet The Beast can run easy at 120-130.
Accelerate a lot faster than you'd think, too. No CAFE requirements on the executive fleet...

I'd bet $20 that DJT wanted to run hot around the track, but the SS probably over-ruled to keep performance stats a mystery. It's all classified.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,835 Posts
Watched it, announcers said that The Beast tops out at 100. I have always watched the Daytona, I don't watch a lot of the other races but I never miss the Daytona. Haven't missed that race in close to 30 years even when I was driving truck I made sure I had that weekend off.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Watched it, announcers said that The Beast tops out at 100. I have always watched the Daytona, I don't watch a lot of the other races but I never miss the Daytona. Haven't missed that race in close to 30 years even when I was driving truck I made sure I had that weekend off.
When I was in the Navy we were allowed to say that our submarine could go down to 400 feet beneath the sea. Do you believe that is all the deeper a submarine can go? I'm with ksmedman and see OPSEC playing a role here. More than likely the announcer was told the Beast can go 100 MPH and took it to mean it tops out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts