Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the Heck is Going On with the AU market?!!

Dropping off a Cliff. :eek::eek::eek:

The PTB are really stomping it down.

So they can buy it cheap?

Makes NO sense. :xeye:

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yessir, silver's down 55% from its peak. Is someone thinking recession? But don't they know there's MASSIVE inflation ahead and a good bit here now?
:xeye::xeye::eek::eek:

I just don't understand it...unless it's what i guessed, that they are driving it down so they can load up and thus have more control. Also at the same time try to shake out a lot of people and to destroy their faith in the stuff.

Or just had another thought, maybe they'll drive it down THEN confiscate it?

What do you think?

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's another theory given on kitco...

Gold serves as either a barometer of FUTURE inflation or deflation....THAT has been historical role for ages.

Any rapid drop in gold (as occurred today) is NOT equity friendly....rather gold is SCREAMING that runaway deflation is taking place, gold is SCREAMING that another stock market crash is coming any moment.

Unless the gold price is reflated VERY QUICKLY, then the stock market will plunge once again, without bottom.

There is a saying, "Be careful what you wish for," and the LAST thing that gold detractors should desire is a fast drop in the gold price, that is the worst thing they would want to see. In fact, it was the dramatic drop in the gold price that occurred in August that forecast the first phase of the September DOW massacre.

if gold is not revalued very soon, then we enter systemic meltdown, nothing less. But it is difficult for such a gold revaluation to occur when you have a Treasury Secretary who is mostly concerned about protecting his major investment (Goldman Sachs stock, held in blind trust escrow), not to mention protecting the anti-gold hedge-book of his whore-masters at Goldman Sachs itself, and its various gold short Wall Street cronies, notably JP Morgan Chase.

I still consider the short sale ban enacted to "protect" financial stocks to be the most egregious evidence of corruption by the current Treasury Secretary. Ask yourself this salient question: in order to present any semblance of fairness, then why did the Treasury Secretary not enact laws that protected other economic sectors (e.g., retail, technology, resources, etc) from being targeted for short sales by the financial companies themselves? Why such a double standard?

Answer: because we have a Treasury Secretary whose primary focus is protecting his own personal stock holdings, and the hedgebook of his Wall Street whore-masters.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You can forget recession, we are headed into a depression. Its too late to prevent it.

Wait till the end of the first quarter of 2009 when the remaining ARMs all come due on top of more inflation across the board in consumer prices etc.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
The Great Depression was deflationary.

Prices fell across the board but wages fell even faster, hence "Great Depression".

Personally I think silver in the short term is going to be a fantastic investment. Long term it will be even better.

Look at certain websites and you will see that silver already is selling at a price that is completely independent of what the "markets" say it is worth.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
The price of Gold and Silver can temporarily be forced down as institutions in financial trouble are forced to sell all assets to meet debt obligations.

You're best off ignoring short term volatility, the markets act crazily on a short term basis. Gold and Silver remain long term stores of value.

·
Vote 3rd party!
900 Posts
Apparently the EU sold some tons of gold. I'm sure this helped gold to go down in price.
I do agree a depression is imminent. September had virtually no inflation in September.

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
One coin shop in town is still selling Candian Maples at $21 C. Spot price is not even worth talking about anymore.

I can't believe what is going on, what we are seeing...... So few of us:(

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
One coin shop in town is still selling Candian Maples at $21 C. Spot price is not even worth talking about anymore.

I can't believe what is going on, what we are seeing...... So few of us:(
It seems as though I am yet again immersed in another day spent in deep thought and contemplation...

Things do seem to be looking fairly grim, my friend, are they not? I do believe that we are in for some hard and occasionally violent times.

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Grim, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

A friend of mine did some more prepping yesterday (silver coins, canned goods, ammo), and he is going back out hunting tonight and I'll be able to learn more butchering techniques this weekend hopefully.

If only more people could see what is going on, but then we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. We are all a community on this board, although we are miles away physically.

May this crash come and go and we live on.

It seems as though I am yet again immersed in another day spent in deep thought and contemplation...

Things do seem to be looking fairly grim, my friend, are they not? I do believe that we are in for some hard and occasionally violent times.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Grim, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

A friend of mine did some more prepping yesterday (silver coins, canned goods, ammo), and he is going back out hunting tonight and I'll be able to learn more butchering techniques this weekend hopefully.

If only more people could see what is going on, but then we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. We are all a community on this board, although we are miles away physically.

May this crash come and go and we live on.
Your positive attitude is refreshing, indeed.

THANK YOU for that.

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My prediction: we're in the seasonal downturn now plus TPTB are hammering it down and bolstering the $ up for elections. But beginning January it'll start going back up, and by May, reach new heights, or at least by this time next year, AU hits $1200-$1500 and AG hits $25.

Darsemnos, a dealer the other day gave $5 over spot for a 1 oz AU eagle.

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts