Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Found
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, i started reading up a bit on 'The Angry Brigade' and a couple of other various groups around the western world in the 70's and find it quite interesting that most people have never heard of them considering it was something so close to home.

I'm not saying they were in the right, or their ideals were perfect, but if the country did get any worse in reguards to civil liberties do you think this could happen again, or do the general public lack the will to do anything about it?

The Angry Brigade

Red Army Faction

Weatherman

On another note:
Jaqui Smith didn't know

Of course, we live in a free country, with a non-corrupt system.

When everyone is scraping for pennies they'll sit in their country houses watching films :thumb:

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Many of the organizations are still active , although some under different names. The New Communist Movement is an offshoot of the Students for Democracy. The Sojourner Truth Organization a part of The Revolutionary Youth Movement . One active group is the The League of Revolutionaries for a New America ( The League.org).
In the late 60's through the 70's there were so many of these types - Black September ( Munich Olympic killings) , Symbionese Libertation Army ( Patti Hearst kidnapping , bank robberies and killings) . One in Spain which calls itself a political organization is the Vencormas group who train in Cuba.
The Weatherman group included Obama's friend Bill Ayers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I grew up in the times of these groups, late 60's through the 70's, there were so many like these, and there will be again, and for always, political unrest comes from all walks of life, where someone dislikes what the ones in power have made law or policy, its been going on since the middle ages and probably before that even.
All through that time we in the UK had the IRA ( Irish Republican Army ) shooting and bombing anywhere and anyone they saw fit, we even had the leaders on our TV screens making speaches, but the government saw fit to have the voices removed and subtitles put in there place, in some cases actors voices were dubbed over the people on the screen. As a child i watched this going on, I was even dragged out of bed in the middle of the night by armed police with the rest of my family because they had the wrong address ( and this was in Norfolk ), these things we in that age grew up with, so is there any wonder that now we tend not to bat an eyelid at some of the goings on of the activist of this " modern " age..
Its a sad day when there are more notes of condolence for Jade Goody than there are for the victims of 9/11.. Where the hell is Wolfy Smith when you need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Tooting Popular Front would be in power now if he had stuck to it ;)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Power to the people .:rolleyes: STUFF THAT im looking after number 1 and my family .:thumb:got no time 4 demos .direct action is the only way to get things done .looking forward to seeing some action @ G20 this week .

·
Found
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....Thats what i was sort of trying to get at by this post :p.

But yeah, you've probably heard about the activists who've been arrested today. 5 people in devon apparently.

They had political 'extremist' matierial, and some fireworks. I hope they're not held too long.

The police here should take a holiday to NI over the 12th july and see if fireworks are anything to worry about then.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Power to the people .:rolleyes: STUFF THAT im looking after number 1 and my family .:thumb:got no time 4 demos .direct action is the only way to get things done .looking forward to seeing some action @ G20 this week .
Yer everyone is looking after number one that is the trouble nowadays and there will never be change if we all just look after number one.

We live in a selfish me society.

Don't mean to offend but this is true,if we all refused to pay poll tax they could do nothing about it,but we won't as that is to much trouble and we must think about are selves and not others.

If we all decided to not use gas for two days a week until the price came down it would come down,but we won't because that to much hardship on ME.

See were im going with this.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
whats wrong with looking after your nearest and dearest then ? if you think this goverment is going to listen to people walking around london shouting about theyr problems good luck to you (really mean that ) but i would prefer to stock up as much as i can cause this depresion is only going to get worse. never been out of work in 29yrs and never held my hands out for anything ive not worked for ( no dig @ people who have lost jobs ).i look out for other people yes but if you think other people would do the same for you in this day and age ! good luck . direct action to me is GETTING MYSELF READY nothing else .many thanks for your veiws on this thread .:thumb:

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
whats wrong with looking after your nearest and dearest then ? if you think this goverment is going to listen to people walking around london shouting about theyr problems good luck to you (really mean that ) but i would prefer to stock up as much as i can cause this depresion is only going to get worse. never been out of work in 29yrs and never held my hands out for anything ive not worked for ( no dig @ people who have lost jobs ).i look out for other people yes but if you think other people would do the same for you in this day and age ! good luck . direct action to me is GETTING MYSELF READY nothing else .many thanks for your veiws on this thread .:thumb:
there is nothing wrong in looking out for your family.:thumb:

But to many people in this country sit back and watch it all happen and do nothing about it apart from moan.

When the French people are fed up with there gov they all hit the streets and close the ports down,nothing gets in and nothing gets out and you know what they mostly get what they want,but the Brits just sit back and let this government dump on them from a great height.

Before you ask I'm active and try to do something about it,i try to create change,it may not have the effect that id like but that's because there are not enough brave people out there to take action and make a difference.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
totally agree with your statment sticks , locals and police know i dont dial 999 but sort out problems in my area myself as a good citizen .im just getting fed up ! as saying goes there are people in life who do things and people who just sit back and let them . if as a nation we got together and shut the country ,block ports ,airports and major motorway junctions goverment would have to do something or go . as you stated there just are not enough brave men and women left in the uk .end of rant .:D:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Well said sticks mate.
Absolutely spot on.
We all get shat on by whoever is in power, lets face it none of em are any good and the sheeple are just manipulated by the media. Case in point all this hype about Jade Goody.
The only examples I can cite are of Christians who Have stood for what they believe in and are picked on by the establishment with no support.

They have us screwed, the majority are scared or just too enraptured to act.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
When have christians been picked on by the establishment?
British airways trying to ban a one of there workers from wearing a cross,schools trying to ban crosses.

Councils trying to ban the ST GEORGE Cross,a Christian symbol of England.

It goes a lot deeper than this but I'm tired and cannot be bothered to look up all the anti Christian things that i have seen over the last ten years.

·
Found
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
British airways trying to ban a one of there workers from wearing a cross,schools trying to ban crosses.
To be honest i take that as a more anti-spiritual thing. British Airways said they didn't like their employee's wearing any religious items, which is fair enough in my book.

I don't think any of it is attacks on christians, more on religion as a whole to be honest. And it's more in the name of 'political correctness' than anything else.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
To be honest i take that as a more anti-spiritual thing. British Airways said they didn't like their employee's wearing any religious items, which is fair enough in my book.

I don't think any of it is attacks on christians, more on religion as a whole to be honest. And it's more in the name of 'political correctness' than anything else.
Believe what you like but if you look a little deeper you will see that christians have very little rights compared to say Islam,but to be honest im not going to get into a debate about this,maybe a Christian would like to debate it with you.

·
Found
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't mean it as a debate, sorry if it came across that way. What i meant was i just didn't really see how it was diffrent to any other religion being persecuted.

But fair enough, i guess i can see what you mean i suppose.

And i mean just cause a couple of christians have gone to caught about some necklaces and flags i don't think that gives enough grounds to say they're the only people standing up for what they believe in. The whole NO2ID movement, and the G20 protests for example, seem to have a much bigger following.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts

Yet at institutions where Christian symbols such as crosses have been banned ... Muslim women or girls wearing their religious head scarf are allowed to do that. Sounds contradictory to me.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
forr psiloasylum

Just caught up with this,
There was the cases sticks mentioned, there was a case of an old boy with a banner protesting at a gay pride march. The Gay supporters attacked him, hit him and threw mud at him, the old bill arrested him and flew a guy from Aus at the taxpayers expense as a witness.
There's the old couple who got taken to the cleaners for putting leaflets in a town hall.
There s the interestiing case of the multitude of People who protested the jerry springer play, and went to court over it and on the other hand the seikhs that were fewer in number that protested similarly over a different play and won.

The anti racist/ free speech laws are a way of shutting us up if we object People with christian beliefs are being marginalised, not just here but around the world by "hate speech" laws which are not just.
Mark my words, England is beyond being a "christian" country and stands to be judged by God , if we arent already. And the time is soon coming when being believer in Christ Jesus will get you villified. The world hated him and it will also hate us, because as he said " no man is above his master.
I have nothing against people of other beliefs or faiths or if they have none. I hope those here that know me will agree. I try not to force my beliefs on people but do try to defend it when I perceive a need.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Just caught up with this,
There was the cases sticks mentioned, there was a case of an old boy with a banner protesting at a gay pride march. The Gay supporters attacked him, hit him and threw mud at him, the old bill arrested him and flew a guy from Aus at the taxpayers expense as a witness.
There's the old couple who got taken to the cleaners for putting leaflets in a town hall.
There s the interestiing case of the multitude of People who protested the jerry springer play, and went to court over it and on the other hand the seikhs that were fewer in number that protested similarly over a different play and won.

The anti racist/ free speech laws are a way of shutting us up if we object People with christian beliefs are being marginalised, not just here but around the world by "hate speech" laws which are not just.
Mark my words, England is beyond being a "christian" country and stands to be judged by God , if we arent already. And the time is soon coming when being believer in Christ Jesus will get you villified. The world hated him and it will also hate us, because as he said " no man is above his master.
I have nothing against people of other beliefs or faiths or if they have none. I hope those here that know me will agree. I try not to force my beliefs on people but do try to defend it when I perceive a need.
Although i'm not a practicing christian,i was christened but don't follow the faith i will stand by your side if and when the time comes that you guys get victimized in the true sense of the word.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
quote sticks:
Although i'm not a practicing christian,i was christened but don't follow the faith i will stand by your side if and when the time comes that you guys get victimized in the true sense of the word

Thanks Bro, And I hope you understand that WHEN it kicks off, If you need it we got your back, same goes for for ALL my friends here on the board regardless of differences of belief so long as we can put them aside and appreciate the differences.

·
E&E enthusiast
432 Posts
Yet at institutions where Christian symbols such as crosses have been banned ... Muslim women or girls wearing their religious head scarf are allowed to do that. Sounds contradictory to me.

Indeed , welcome to Great Britain where the goverment treat the native people of these isles with scorn yet bend over backwards to immergrints :mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts