Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion this is one of the deadliest hand weapons ever deployed. It is many uses, and is one VERY intimidating weapon in the hands of a person that knows how to use. I recommend it to anyone i talk to, you will not find a better hand to hand weapon for a quick put down:whip::whip:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

There have been three posts in the last month covering the tomahawk...There is a search engine that works somewhat well and before posting maybe look back in the archives a few pages or twelve (depending on how you have your views set) and then add your comments to those, already started threads...

·
Custom User Title
2,969 Posts
Yeah, if i was trained with it i would rather have a tomahawk as a pack up weapon over a knife. Plus, if someone has their gun trained on you and there is no way your going to charge them in time, being able to throw your weapon could save your life.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The knife (dagger), tomahawk, and camp axe are all very desirable tools. Each meets a specific need very well depending on specific circumstances. Since I think the pole axe was designed to unhorse mounted knights the current utility of the item is somewhat questionable, in my opinion.

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
I think a long handled hammer which I already have would suffice and perhaps be better than a Tomahawk.
A hammer is nothing but an impact weapon. A Tomahawk is BOTH an impact weapon,and a cutting weapon. I have several Hammers,and a few Tomahawks. The Tomahawks balance is FAR superior if I had to swing it in an offensive or defensive action.

As Justin pointed out, there are Rare instances when throwing your weapon might be advantageous. If nothing more than a distraction to save your life, for a few valuable seconds longer. If nothing more it may cause your assailant to flinch, causing them to miss and allowing you to charge and disarm them. At least it is a chance. If you stand there holding your weapon, and get shot your options just dropped drastically for survival.

I just can't for the life of me,(pun intended) understand all those who sit there and say NEVER throw your weapon. Would you rather hold it and die???? While it is usually good advice to Not throw your weapon, there are exceptions. Hold it and be shot to death, or throw it and counter-attack, or flee and regroup and/or rearm with a better weapon? Choice seems pretty clear to me. I mean seriously, if you have a tomahawk in your hand,and someone "has the drop on you", and you have a handgun in holster/waistband..... Would you NOT throw the Tomahawk while escape/evading and rearming with the handgun??? Or drawing a knife and attacking? Seems to me that the odds in your favor increase by throwing it!!

If you throw it, and can then grapple with your opponent and disarm them, Wouldn't you do so?? Anything to improve your odds.

Sorry to sidetrack the discussion, It just bothers me about all the "Nevers". The only "never" I believe in, is "Never say Never".

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
I think a long handled hammer which I already have would suffice and perhaps be better than a Tomahawk.
Oh man, I have always said that a man with 2 of those would be brutally deadly........a straight claw framing hammer will break or tear chunks out of anything it hits....even ripping out whole bones( like a collar bone, for instance)......but I use what I practice with......a pistol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.