Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CNN has definately crossed the line for me. I began losing respect for them about eight years ago when I woke up and saw how slanted their "reporting" is. This past election was even worse. However, what I saw today on CNN Headline News just takes the cake.

I was watching Jane Velez-Mitchell and she was doing a spot on the 8 year old child that recently shot his father and fathers friend while groundhog hunting. She carried on about the trajedy and how new legislation should be enacted to make it illegal for a child to handle a gun--with or without supervision on how banning guns would cause "gun-related homicides" to drop.

As if that were not bad enough she made a statement regarding the 2nd ammendment and our founding fathers that absolutely floored me.
Please allow me to paraphrase:

"Obviously our founding fathers thought that it would be a good idea to allow the People to own guns so they created the second ammendment. These same people also thought it was a good idea to own slaves. We all know how that worked out..."

CNN was even soliciting email to get "your" opionion on whether or not it should be illegal for your child to handle your gun.

So it begins ladies and gentlemen. The propaganda against gun ownership is kicking up to full speed. As far as I am concerned, anyone who tried to talk to me about the perils of the Second Ammendment can just spit in the wind. It will be more effective.

·
I travel light
2,026 Posts
This morons from CNN should come to Venezuela and enter into the BARRIOS (Poor people ghettos), and ask to the minors why they carry illegal guns...about 50-60% of killings in the major cities are made by minors with illegal guns. Laws are useless unless you START TO APPLY THEM...we have restrictive gun laws but they´ll be changed for some modern soon; however the bad guys don´t give a darn about laws and are armed illegally everywhere.

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts
This morons from CNN should come to Venezuela and enter into the BARRIOS (Poor people ghettos), and ask to the minors why they carry illegal guns...about 50-60% of killings in the major cities are made by minors with illegal guns. Laws are useless unless you START TO APPLY THEM...we have restrictive gun laws but they´ll be changed for some modern soon; however the bad guys don´t give a darn about laws and are armed illegally everywhere.
Once they strip all the guns from the good guys, they will recruit all the bad guys w/ guns to oppress us in Obama's new army:eek:

·
Registered
428 Posts
ya i saw that too, i send them an email with statistics from the cdc. in 2005 there were 30,000 firearm related deaths in all catigories. that includes homicides, accidents, suicide ect. now in contrast in 2006 there were 42,000 deaths from AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS. cars kill more people than guns do every year by over 12,000. on that note time to go buy more ammo before they stop selling it because of biased bull like this.

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts
ya i saw that too, i send them an email with statistics from the cdc. in 2005 there were 30,000 firearm related deaths in all catigories. that includes homicides, accidents, suicide ect. now in contrast in 2006 there were 42,000 deaths from AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS. cars kill more people than guns do every year by over 12,000. on that note time to go buy more ammo before they stop selling it because of biased bull like this.
I heard that over 1/3 of all reported gun related deaths in America are suicide and not an act of violence on another. If they did not include those, their numbers would drop dramaticly. Because, let's face it, if you're suicidal you have many options besides guns.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My time at the Gallup Poll ....

I worked for Gallup for about 9 1/2 Years and one poll I consistently refused to work on was CNN. There were days I'd go home without pay just to stick to my principles. What started it for me was when Brady 2 was up for a vote in the congress. On that particular day the CNN poll asked the respondents what types of guns they owned by caliber, where they were kept, if they were kept loaded and to top it off for the first time ever in a CNN poll the respondent was asked for their zip code. Visions of jack booted gun grabbers came to my mind. One particularly bad question on that survey was "do you think a person should have to have a permit to fire a gun?" Not own a gun but fire one ...the obvious implication being that firing a weapon is a negative.
There are many other examples I could give about CNN polls being done to drive news
including the first bimbo eruption that "soiled" Clinton and how the results are not what Gallup expected so the survey was re-done with a more favorable sample and then the desired results were announced. I for one, will never trust anything I see on CNN. I've been in the belly of that beast and I've seen the over abundance of excrement.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trusting any mainstream news source is usually a bad idea.
Amen. I usually use the mainstream to get the big news reports. However, I have found myself sticking more with Fox and local channels these day.

CNN makes me feel dishonest and slimy anymore.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
They are planting the seeds in the minds of Americans. Repeat something enough and it becomes fact. Just how the mind works and they know it. CNN and FOX and some others are nothing more than propaganda machines. I can't stand to watch or listen to them.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
However, I have found myself sticking more with Fox and local channels these day.
Hee hee, Fox news , pfttt!!! hee hee ,sorry I just have to laugh. Talk about a biased spewer of lies and B.S.

Now back on topic, I am against 99% of anti-gun legislation ,the idiotic crap that they come up with to "protect the Citizens" only hurts the law abiding majority. However ,if a child has to be 16 to drive a car,should they be allowed to handle a loaded weapon at half that age? Obviously every child matures at a different age ,but 8 YEARS OLD ,come on that's just pure ignorance, and a "thinning of the herd" ,was the end result to this particular story.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I heard that over 1/3 of all reported gun related deaths in America are suicide and not an act of violence on another. If they did not include those, their numbers would drop dramaticly. Because, let's face it, if you're suicidal you have many options besides guns.
The biggest piece of Bullsh*t is the reporting of Suicide as a crime. AND IT IS DONE IF A FIREARM IS INVOLVED. Discharging a firearm within city limits, reckless endangerment, there are a handful of violations it falls under but they get that damned thing on the criminal blotter and it screws up the stats all the time. I used to get calls at the lab from the FBI checking to see if shootings were suicide or accidental or homicide all the time because "it had to be reported that way". But it wasn't the FBI that wanted it that way... They hated it too, it screwed up their book work...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Hee hee, Fox news , pfttt!!! hee hee ,sorry I just have to laugh. Talk about a biased spewer of lies and B.S.

Now back on topic, I am against 99% of anti-gun legislation ,the idiotic crap that they come up with to "protect the Citizens" only hurts the law abiding majority. However ,if a child has to be 16 to drive a car,should they be allowed to handle a loaded weapon at half that age? Obviously every child matures at a different age ,but 8 YEARS OLD ,come on that's just pure ignorance, and a "thinning of the herd" ,was the end result to this particular story.
I disagree, a car is much different, the kid isnt walking down the street shooing squirrels off telephone wires. But in reality all states do have a limitation in place. In order to hunt a child must have passed a Hunter safety education course. Now either the kid didnt retain any of it, didnt have a license to hunt or the old man was a jerk and had the kid out, uninstructed in the ways of safety, plinking OR poaching... (yes I know the poaching and no license things are the same) but however you look at it the old man earned a Darwin award...

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
coming to a neighborhood near you: and it won't be televised except to show the smiting of the evil constitutionalists

VERSUS

ROUND ONE- FIGHT!

·
Sis vis pacem para bellum
69 Posts
If you are looking for some real entertainment - CNBC these days beats everything hands down. The poor news anchors spend the entire broadcast watching the market numbers with what can only be described as a "Dumbfounded" expression on their face.

I picture mass vomit-athons in the studio during the commercial break, trying to clean up and recompose themselves as the producer says "and we are live in 5, 4, 3,......."

1 - 20 of 41 Posts