Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Dismember
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you never thank anyone, does it mean you're unappreciative of the massive work that some do to help us? I doubt this is true, so give them a thanks.

Do you thank every dang thread? This uses bandwidth, seems like attention-seeking, and it impedes being able to see if the guru preppers (or conversely, the idjits) like a post.

THANK YOU.

·
Possum Lover
15,336 Posts
I'm with Sharky.

Reactions: Ghost863

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
If you never thank anyone, does it mean you're unappreciative of the massive work that some do to help us? I doubt this is true, so give them a thanks.

Do you thank every dang thread? This uses bandwidth, seems like attention-seeking, and it impedes being able to see if the guru preppers (or conversely, the idjits) like a post.

THANK YOU.
I don't do "thanks" or "likes" on any forums.

They often turn into some sort of popularity contest or status symbol with no real meaning, so I decided many years ago I simply wouldn't use them at all.

On some forums they show you the cliques that form, because you can always predict who will "like" certain posts on certain topics.

If I really like something someone posts, I can always just tell them instead of taking the lazy path.

·
Live Free or Die
3,827 Posts
I don't do "thanks" or "likes" on any forums.

They often turn into some sort of popularity contest or status symbol with no real meaning, so I decided many years ago I simply wouldn't use them at all.

On some forums they show you the cliques that form, because you can always predict who will "like" certain posts on certain topics.

If I really like something someone posts, I can always just tell them instead of taking the lazy path.
I never thank the posts of people who have never thanked anyone.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
8,917 Posts
I never thank the posts of people who have never thanked anyone.
I thank those that I agree with, even if it is an unpopular point of view. Like Algorythm's newest post about a president having too much power. While I agree that no president should have too much power I also agree that no government entity should have too much power. The power is supposed to reside in us, the people and therefore happen to agree with him on that. It may be an unpopular opinion but that is why I thank a post. Just some people get more thanks from me than others.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,417 Posts
I thank the OP when I post in his/her thread

I thank when I quote someone's post in a reply

I thank everyone who posts in a thread I start, provided it is reply to my thread

I also thank for witty posts

I also thank for good info

It's also a symbol of respect

I generally don't give thanks to those who can't seem to give thanks

·
Possum Lover
15,336 Posts
So people who come in and dis me on my personal drama threads are thanking me?

I love it. :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions: zumhug and Ghost863
1 - 20 of 34 Posts