Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank everyone on this forum for teaching me how to be self reliant. I almost have 3 months of food stored up and I'm going to get to use some of it come January.

As you probably know, my husband is being put on a heart transplant list. On January, he'll go on leave of absence with out pay for 3 months and after that his job will determine if he's elgible for long term disability. He'll also be applying for Social Security Disablity. His heart is very weak and pumping at about 20 percent. The doctor said that he may even have to get a mechanical heart installed (is that the correct wording) before he gets the transplant. He's had two of his doctors say that he'll defintely qualify for disability and he shouldn't even be working.

We have one month to move from Dallas to our farm. I believe my work is going to allow me to work from home for at least 6 months..maybe more. We will be going through an Software upgrade soon and they still need me. :)

The good news is that I can prepare a spot for another or bigger garden. I will be working on that project after I get moved. I'll be able to hunt too and raise some chickens. Plus, I'm going to buy my husband a Rott puppy (our future watch dog)

I know I'll have plenty more questions for every and wanted to thank everyone for helping me get this far. Also, I want to thank those that have kept me and my family in prayer.

May God bless you and yours.
Malaz

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
That should certainly help you out a lot with grocery shopping during what may be a busy time.

The best to you over the holidays and please keep us updated when you can.

My uncle had a very successfull heart translplant years ago, lasted him into his 70's. That is good news, he lived over life expectancy for an average man.

Thanksgiving prayers for you and your family.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Best wishes to you both, holding thumbs for you and remember, hang in there.

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
I want to thank everyone on this forum for teaching me how to be self reliant. I almost have 3 months of food stored up and I'm going to get to use some of it come January.

As you probably know, my husband is being put on a heart transplant list. On January, he'll go on leave of absence with out pay for 3 months and after that his job will determine if he's elgible for long term disability. He'll also be applying for Social Security Disablity. His heart is very weak and pumping at about 20 percent. The doctor said that he may even have to get a mechanical heart installed (is that the correct wording) before he gets the transplant. He's had two of his doctors say that he'll defintely qualify for disability and he shouldn't even be working.

We have one month to move from Dallas to our farm. I believe my work is going to allow me to work from home for at least 6 months..maybe more. We will be going through an Software upgrade soon and they still need me. :)

The good news is that I can prepare a spot for another or bigger garden. I will be working on that project after I get moved. I'll be able to hunt too and raise some chickens. Plus, I'm going to buy my husband a Rott puppy (our future watch dog)

I know I'll have plenty more questions for every and wanted to thank everyone for helping me get this far. Also, I want to thank those that have kept me and my family in prayer.

May God bless you and yours.
Malaz

Sounds like a lot of work. My family and I live right down the road from Dallas in Midlothian, If theres anything we can help with let me know we will do what we can.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Prayers for you and yours are already on the way. Keep strong, girl, and know that your cyber-family is here wishing only the best for you.

Claudia

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
you seen like a heck of a woman to me, a real strong one. a fighter. god bless! your husband is in good hands. I hope everything works out ok for you.

enjoy those grandkids! :)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i know what its like to be worried about the one you love. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery. Too bad we don't have a Tony Stark that can get his heart going.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes, Praise God, you have some stores up Malaz.Are there alternative ways or medicines as well to help him, or do they not advise mixing both at this stage?
I admire the true spirit of love in you, FW

·
Squawker
145 Posts
I wish you and your husband the very best, and you will be in my prayers. I am hopeful for a speedy return to at least some semblance of normalcy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts