8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ashamed to say it but i just spent liberal
Give away crumbs on ammo
Lol
200 bucks for 525 rounds of 22lr
With tax and shipping
I cant find any here and even dunhams is out
I tried to buy another rossie because they did have 150 rounds they would sell with the rifle
But they don't even have that.
Im fretting my clips i ordered that got back ordered in Feb and i have 4 weeks more to wait but with all the hub bub going on i sure hope
I see those 3 25 rd clips
Sigh

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
7,839 Posts
That's as good a thing as any. I've given up being aghast at what the .gov thinks is "okay" and just decided to use the money they send me (which is mine anyway) and buying whatever is "up" on "The Never-ending List" ... You know, the combination we really kinda need this, really kinda want this list.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,088 Posts
You know what? I'll take that money. You betcha. Like BB said, it's mine anyway. It's nice to get some back from the .gov for a change. Been self employed for so long I never never never got a refund. Going on 20 years now, with only a brief hiatus. Only had the privilege of paying in. So ya, I'll take it. And spend it with glee.

Considering that so much is absolutely squandered, I don't feel one iota of guilt or resentment about taking it.

You should see the string of golden South Seas pearls I (partially) got with the last payment.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
And I thought paying $60 was bad for a 555rd box of Winchester HP lol. My part of the country has been lucky to be honest. Still paying a higher price, but I’ve been able to buy any ammo for guns that are shot often. Hunting ammo has been a struggle, mainly bc nothing is I’m season here beyond varmint, turkey, and I believe squirrel is coming up soon. I don’t believe deer rounds will be available here until late summer/early fall about a month or two before gun season. I’ve been stocked on hunting rounds for mine and my fathers .270s, though we don’t have a place to hunt anymore.

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agonized over it...sat there for 10 mins
With my finger over the button
Dunhams sold me 100 rounds for 14 bucks
But as i mentioned i had to buy the rossie
To get that and now they don't even have ammo
For purchases.
I going to buy a 30.06 today
Really love how they shoot but God knows
If i will get any rounds before deer season.
I ended up with a 20 ga because that was the only loads i could get and even now i only have
200 rounds.
Just crazy
Dunhams has a 12 ga i like but i have not seen 12ga shells in 8 months.
I don't know what kinda slugs they sell in 20ga
But its close to 40 bucks a small box.
I got lucky a while back and scored 20 round
Slug boxes at walmart for 8 dollars a box.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
I have spent every stimulus on guns and or ammo. 9mm is a bit steep, but I have lots that I have bought at past shows for $10 a box. Locally the minimum price is $699/1000 with no limit at one place. So I buy a box of 50 or 100 now and then.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've been eyeing a Kimber 9mm.....if'n I could find ammo that is. They sometimes get some at JBLM but it goes really fast.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I truly regret the day I was in Walmart when they were stocking the ammo shelf. A whole case (10 boxes) of Winchester 555 rounds at 22.95 a box. I only bought 2. I had the money in my pocket for all of it.

Been getting coupon code from MaxArms for their 7.62x51 surplus. $299 for 400 rounds. Bought 3 so far. The first case of 800 was only $623 shipped.

Not passing any more bargains up. Even at $200 for .22,I'm not selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Ended my ammo buying 5 years ago when I thought I had enough.
Ocassionally I'll pick up a few 22L 50r $2.99 boxes when the farm store has them.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Im ashamed to say it but i just spent liberal
Give away crumbs on ammo
Lol
200 bucks for 525 rounds of 22lr
With tax and shipping
I cant find any here and even dunhams is out
I tried to buy another rossie because they did have 150 rounds they would sell with the rifle
But they don't even have that.
Im fretting my clips i ordered that got back ordered in Feb and i have 4 weeks more to wait but with all the hub bub going on i sure hope
I see those 3 25 rd clips
Sigh
So your here to brag about buying $30-40 in ammo for $200? Never buy at the height of the market in any market..even if you think its "free" money.

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im Not sure how you could have read this thread and come away with the word "brag"
But who cares?
It was free liberal money that could be worthless at any time imo
I can not get any ammo in my flavor on shelf here
This "market" as you say has been screwed up over a year
We now have a confused at best imo commie
China owned President
Both houses gone
Totally not your average "market"
I have about 50 percent hope it may get better
They even want semi auto 22s
But you may have ammo?
If you did not you may choose to spend some