Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
living like no one else
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HUNTING TEXAS STYLE!

Now , when Texans go hunting, they do it in style!

They ride in these up to the Deer stand.

Texas Hunting Vehicle...

And then they hunt from these:

TEXAS DEER STAND

Now This Is A Deer Stand!

File under: Life can be rough in the Lone Star State , or

sometimes some people have too much money.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
oh sweet jesus...

Reactions: Herne and test

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
This is NOT hunting, is em.barrising to those of us who have respect for the lifestyle and unfortunetaly, it is more and more like what I think when I think about people from Texas. I hate to say that but it is true. VERY sad. You can keep it Texas.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
This is NOT hunting, is em.barrising to those of us who have respect for the lifestyle and unfortunetaly, it is more and more like what I think when I think about people from Texas. I hate to say that but it is true. VERY sad. You can keep it Texas.
My point exactly...and FYI, most of us AREN'T like that...at all. We see the humor in duping the rest of the free world into thinking that is what we are all like here. Sometimes we can smile and play along, but some times we shake our heads and can't even believe it ourselves.

Have you EVER BEEN to Texas? May think about a visit...you'd probably be surprised at the welcome you get from good, salt of the earth type folks.
Take care now, ya hear? :D:

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one left who still hunts old fashioned, without a stand, feeder, calls, or any of that, Just me, my rifle, and the forest, I track and stalk the deer until i can get a shot, i don't lure or trick the creature into some trap, and i eat everything i kill.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
no you are not ..the hardest part about getting people into hunting trying to teach the old ways are not old fashioned.they all seam to want to have the lastest ge-wiz typle laser rifle scope and hunting rifle and other odds and ends now..
i still hunt with a single shot rifle with a scope set up ..but the only new i have add to the hunting pack is a couple of items like a water puf unit and a gps system with map and compass back for use in the hunting areas that i hunt in ..
i waiting for my quad drilling to come and i will put a new scope on it but it going to be a while before the guy makeing the rifle is ready to ship it to me..
i try and teach the old way of tracking and stalking skills ..but a lot people do not like that way ..they want a tree stand and a call to get the game to come in close for the kill ..i do have a couple of game calls to see if there is any deer in the area to see they will give a general area to start to go to for stalking
it a diff world now for hunters they all want the fast way of the hunting ..and not learning the old ways first

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
my friends those who live in texas and and those of us was born and raised there..the world veiw of us..is that we still have sagecoach lines bewteen the big cities and everyone goes into town on sat night and goes to the saloons and gets into gunfights and fistfights every sat night..well wait a second part of the is true about the saloons stuff but no gunfights here lately

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
my friends those who live in texas and and those of us was born and raised there..the world veiw of us..is that we still have sagecoach lines bewteen the big cities and everyone goes into town on sat night and goes to the saloons and gets into gunfights and fistfights every sat night..well wait a second part of the is true about the saloons stuff but no gunfights here lately
Settling it with fists...the good old fashioned way! THEN, buy each other a drink.:thumb:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
yeah, my girl's folks think i wear a cowboy hat

1 - 20 of 31 Posts