Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Liberty or Death!
679 Posts
They're not only armed with weapons but the castle doctrine there. They'd be well within their rights to shoot to protect their property. I'd make sure the looters knew that as well, and if they did decide to temp fate...it would be their choice to die over it.

·
Bong!
58 Posts
That is so sad. I hate scum and all looters are scum. Why do people have to kick other people when there down? Were are the people on here that say "that wouldnt happen in Texas?" It can happen anywhere.

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is so sad. I hate scum and all looters are scum. Why do people have to kick other people when there down? Were are the people on here that say "that wouldnt happen in Texas?" It can happen anywhere.
I thought of the same thing when I started the thread.

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
Ok course it can happen anywhere I just think it's great that the neighbors are armed and working together to gaurd their neighborhood. They have signs that say the owner is armed not where is FEMA we need help.

·
Bong!
58 Posts
Oh I agree I love the fact that the neighbors are working together. But now that it made the news I would think no one would try to loot from that area anymore. Oh by the way FEMA sucks! lol

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same thing happened in Joplin, happens whenever there is a disaster and people are not paying attention.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Small Towns, too

Bastrop might be a small town but it is 20-30 mins outside of Austin.
We heard today that a burned house was looted of its A/C outside unit and an old car - probably for scrap metal. This happened in a county with three small towns and no large towns. It can happen anywhere, so we should all be prepared for this unfortunate experience. GP

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
Just goes to show that the looter mentality is everywhere...big cities and small towns too.
And you know what is ironic? Several board members here who swear up and down that looters and raiders are a figment of our collective imagination.
Sooooooooo, I guess is can't really just be Nawlins?????

(For the record, where I live, we looked out for each other. The second time(?) back after Katrina, I had to deal w/ the worse case scenario. This day, I was the only person on my block except for some Mexican workers in another house close by. To this day, I don't know what the hell was wrong with them, or what was going on in their heads. They had to have seen my gun and holster. They made a big mistake and only one got to learn from it.)

·
You talkin' to me?
8,463 Posts
We had a big fire here in NE Texas over the last week. While I was out in the yard one night checking things out after ten one night a County Sherrif stopped by on his rounds. Told me that there was someone going around knocking on doors telling people to evacuate and that if it happend to get a good discription of the person and the vehicle. I told him that I wasn't going to evacuate anyway (I would stand and fight the fire), but they had better be in uniform driving a Sherrif's vehicle as well.

Seems they were trying to get people to leave their homes so they could break in after they left. I live in a small community, we look out for each other here. It goes without saying, "You loot, we shoot".

1 - 20 of 76 Posts