Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Antique Nurse
644 Posts
Uncle Bill's Silver Gripper Precision Point Tweezers

I LOVE these!! I got them in the mail and within 30 minutes I had used them 3 times.

1) The neighbor (89 years old) called me to pick out a splinter and these were perfect. The tips give a sure enough grip that tiny items don't slip out.

2) One of the cats had been spayed and I used these to take out her stitches. Again, the tiny, precision points were invaluable.

3) Hubby couldn't quite reach the recessed "reset" button on the thermostat and these worked fine.

The design of this item is unique in that the tension is strong enough to never slip out of the protective holder yet these are small and light enough to go unnoticed on a keychain.

The stainless steel material is capable of being sterilized - and I would not hesitate to autoclave it if called for. They do not have rubberized or plasticized parts that some of my other precision tweezers have and are therefore, probably a better long-term investment.

·
Unemployment sucks.
686 Posts
Well my Uncle Bills Sliver Grippers arived in the mail yesterday. Now I have to admit I was hopeing that i was going to be testing a cool knife or flashlight of something like that=( o well So here we go. Well theis are great little tweezers i think every one on this site should go out and buy them right now, i am serious go buy them. i used them all day for the last couple day. i happen to work at a ammo plant so I am constintly getting little brass sliver jamed in my fingers WOW they hurt, before i never had a good way to remove theis splinters. pretty much I used to resort to using my pocket knife didnt work so well. Well Uncle Bills Sliver Grippers are just the ticket their precision point let me snach just about anything out of my flesh. They are well made nice and durable and the attach nicely to my key chain, so i would give this product 5 out of 5 disemboweled zombies. Having used this product I would have definatly purchased them for my self, and i will definaly continue to cary them.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the last review. A big thank you to all the testers who participate. We are working on something new for October.

I was chosen to test for EDC depot which is a first for me, here we go.
The product is a first aid product which we all need sooner or later, and I really like this one. If you ever have had a sliver, it can be a real annoyance and can get infected which can be deadly.
#1. This unit is small and compact which is great for a BOB, medical kit or key ring.
#2. The small pointed tip seem to work real well for pulling out small and larger fragments and stickers as well. Lots of thorns in the desert, everything seems to want to grab ya if ya know what I mean.
#3. For the price it is a great addition to your gear, I think it should be a must.
If I was to purchase tweezers, this would be the one I would buy.
#4. I will carry this product in my med. kit until the end of time ( MADE IN THE USA ).

P.S. I also received a small pill bottle which is a water proof, metal container, which is also small and ideal for a key ring or inside a med kit. No doubt this neat little container will come in handy, meds., gold dust, 1/2 matches, all sorts of small items will fit. I will also carry this one on my key ring for meds.

If you have any questions Contact EDC depot.com :thumb:

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready. God bless

·
Registered
432 Posts
Marttiini Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Knife

I received a Marttiini Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Knife from EDC to test out. Been moving and all so haven't really got the chance to go out and test it fully outdoors, but I have some input to what I have done already.

Moving requires a lot of cutting of boxes and tape and all, as well as tie down rope for the pick up, it handled all that no problem. It was sharp out of the box, and was useful. The handle was of the quality you would expect to see on these price of knives, and it was red. I didn't care for the red at first, but after setting it down during the move a few times and being able to locate it easily I think I have decided I like it that color.

I took it to work and tested the blade on the Rockwell tester in two places. It came out a 59 at the tip and 57 towards the handle. That is expected as the heat treat at the thinner tip should make it a bit harder.

I tried it on some rope and it cut 20 pieces fine. I ran out of rope after that, as this was the same rope I used as a tie down. I did have one dislike of this package, and that is once again the sheath. It is plastic and will not hold up to any wear. If I were to carry this the first thing I would do is make a leather pouch sheath. This is the only thing I didn't care for, all around for the price the knife was very good. Would make a nice light pack knife for cooking and cutting up meat and veggies. Great to have around camp with the red handle so you cannot loose it. I think I will buy 2 or 3 of these soon to have around. It is certainly worth the money to have one to use at multiple locations.

Thanks EDC and if you need another test done sign me up. I will continue to test this one out and update the findings as I use it more.

·
Registered
214 Posts
First of all thank you for the chance to review the Commando wire saw! When I first saw it I was alittle skeptical as I have used these before and I was VERY dissapointed and broke them right away.... Well this one turned out a little different I cut down some branches this weekend and decided to try itout making some firewood it seemed to work great for wood 2-4 inched in diameter but I would not recommend other for anything larger. I am going to put this in my GHB as it is good forlight duty short term use and if that is what you intend it for it will be great! However if you plan on cutting cords of wood this is not the saw. Thank you and by the way the pill bottle is great! I am going to order some more!

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rogue:
Thank you for the feedback on theCommando Wire Saw. For heavier cutting projects I would definitely go with the Pocket Chainsaw or Saber Cut. The downside of those two saws is the weight and space they take up in a kit. The Commando Saw looks to fill the niche below them for smaller kits.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Product Review 2-3-2009 "Survival Whistle"

The product I tested was the:
Survival Whistle Key Chain

Review:

First thing I noticed, "Made in China". That never sits well with me, but what can you do. This little whistle had a small strorage capsule built in. The whistle was not loud at all, my wife could just hear it at 100 yds. (it was kind of breezy that day). The storage comartment was simply too small. You might be able to store one potasium iodide pill in it, or maybe some fire fuel ie. (cotton, magnesium shavings), but not much room for anything else. My wife did add it to her key chain for a (lack of better wording) "rape whistle".

This is more a novelty type key chain accessory, and I for one would not have paid more that $1.00 for it, if I bought it at all. Sorry, this was just not anything that would interest me for any "real" purpopse.

I do appreciate the opportunity to test this product, and I hope I can test more items in the future. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts