Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there not any mountains or plateaus that are not owned by the government anymore? I know Bakers mountain in Catawba county has it posted and thus, made illegal to hunt, camp, fish or take any plant or wood from the mountain.

This being a survival based forum, I'm inquiring if there are any unowned or free/public mountains anymore as it once was.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I get shot with arrows if I go on Wautaga land or is it detainment/arrest like any other county? If the natives kept their ways and didn't modernize, I expect I risk being shot at with river cane arrows. Im aware of gamelands, but its an issue of transportation which I don't have to get to vale, south mountain, Alexander county or buffalo cove in Lenoir. I don't feel comfortable hunting alone either since I don't know the terrain and NC will be my first dangerous hunt.

Its not a walk in the park like Nebraska or Illinois where I know people and have permission to be on farms or private land. North Carolina is entirely different and I am still seeking like minded individuals who share my interests and views and/or southern/country folk I heard so much about.

There does not seem to be any country people here in Catawba county. A lot of fear mongers and sensitized idiots though, guess Catawba county isn't very defense and rights friendly as far as the average citizen goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.